What's new

(Request) DX9 Plugin for DEMUL 0.7

MetalliC

Demul developer
Please, for the love of god no. Better to use Vulkan when it's released instead of dealing with Windows 10

why its better ? DX12 is planned for future.
Vulcan most likely not, if it will be such ugly, glitchy and slow as modern OpenGL - definitelly not.
yeah theirs marketing monkey says "its brand new!" "its just great!" but I very doubt its true.

Disorarara

why its better ? DX12 is planned for future.
Vulcan most likely not, if it will be such ugly, glitchy and slow as modern OpenGL - definitelly not.
yeah theirs marketing monkey says "its brand new!" "its just great!" but I very doubt its true.

Vulkan will be nothing like modern OpenGL, it's based off of AMD Mantle which has already been proven to be as efficient as DX12. The only marketing monkeys come from Microsoft pushing their spyware operating system on everybody as hard as they can.

Mantle%20vs%20DX12%20pgm%20guide.jpg

MetalliC

Demul developer
in short - don't trust internets :)

Vulkan will be nothing like modern OpenGL, it's based off of AMD Mantle which has already been proven to be as efficient as DX12.
ah yes, that Mantle thing, not released to public for unknown reason, so nobody from regular people knows what it really is.
there is also no real DX12 games/software, as well as at the moment no GPU with full DX12 support.
so the question is - how someone was able to compare Mantle and DX12, and came to conclusion "Mantle which has already been proven to be as efficient as DX12" ? ;)

The only marketing monkeys come from Microsoft pushing their spyware operating system on everybody as hard as they can.
oh yes, spyware they say. in meanwhile some facts from real word:
- almost all of this so called "spyware services" (if I not mistaken except one or two) was in Win8 already.
- most of them is in Win7
- several of them was even in WinXP

no one cared about this "spyware" for more than ten years, but there ALOT of noise in the internets now.
WHY ?
WHY NOW ?

Last edited:

Disorarara

ah yes, that Mantle thing, not released to public for unknown reason, so nobody from regular people knows what it really is.
there is also no real DX12 games/software, as well as at the moment no GPU with full DX12 support.
so the question is - how someone was able to compare Mantle and DX12, and came to conclusion "Mantle which has already been proven to be as efficient as DX12" ? ;)

But Mantle WAS released to the public, several popular games like Battlefield 4 and Dragon Age Inquisition support Mantle and it shows a noticeable improvement on CPU limited systems such as APUs. And while the public had no access to DX12 until very recently, several publications have had access to it for a while and have done benchmarks comparing it's performance to Mantle, they're very similar. As well as being very similar in functionality according to AMD (and as evidenced by the documentation I linked earlier, it appears DX12 is heavily based off of Mantle's design anyways)

dx12_api_perf_mantle-100575202-large.png

api-overhead-4790k-290x.jpg

So in the end, it basically boils down to using the upcoming low level API that will be supported on anything (Including Windows 10) versus the one that's locked down to Windows 10 only, because functionally there's very little difference between the two.

Last edited:

Pulstar

in short - don't trust internets :)

oh yes, spyware they say. in meanwhile some facts from real word:
- almost all of this so called "spyware services" (if I not mistaken except one or two) was in Win8 already.
- most of them is in Win7
- several of them was even in WinXP

no one cared about this "spyware" for more than ten years, but there ALOT of noise in the internets now.
WHY ?
WHY NOW ?

The best way to block telemetry is at the router level. Microsoft have been pushing their trojan horses on all PC's with Windows now. But that's not related to emulation haha.. Tech-savvy users shuold be able to get around Microsoft's bull**** while retaining the best-supported OS out there.

MetalliC

Demul developer
But Mantle WAS released to the public
ORLY ? so tell me where I can get SDK or documentation ? what ? its not available ? = its not publically released.

as for benchmarks - at the moment not exists GPU with full DX12 support, as well as no games which really uses its new features -> all that pictures you've posted shows just a random numbers, like temperature on Mars planet :D

MetalliC

Demul developer
actually thanks, last time I looked for something about Mantle - even this docs was not available.
but anyway - SDK was not released to public, and probably never will be, so no one from regular people/developers can use it or test it, or compare with some other 3D API by himself. and I'm wondering why, is it top secret crap or something ?