What's new

Wow, Good Job on the emulator Pir8

Gamer123

Xbox Addict
IcePir8,

since you've been making significant progress with your video plugin, I decided to try out your emulator. It is awesome! First off, the sound is probably the best I've heard in a while, I was using Azimer's .30 old and I was actually able to understand the speech in Perfect Dark, its around 80% in sync. Secondly, the video is almost as fast as 1964 good job. :cool:

Now, I also spotted a few bugs/issues with your emulator, just for some consideration.

1. Sometimes, during gameplay I couldnt access the menu. It would be almost semi-frozen. The game would still run, but none of the menus would open. So I had to use ctrl-alt-delete to exit. Maybe you can make it more stable in that way in the future.

2. I was using NRages 1.80a plugin, and sometimes the emulator would cause it stop working for 5 seconds, so I couldnt move or do anything. Also, sometimes I would spin in circles for about 5 seconds too.

3. Is there a speed Limiter on this? Because sometimes Perfect Dark would go too fast, and it was also a little bit too choppy.

4. The CF's are awesome. But with 1964, you can set each individual game to its own CF, and 1964 will remember it. Whereas, with TR64, you have to remember what CF to use with each game. Maybe you can make a game settings menu like 1964 does.

5. ZIP Support, like Doomulation said, if you add zip support which I know you intend on doing, I would use the emulator everday, because I cant extract all my roms becuase then it would take X amount of Gigs of space.

6. Make it so that you configure the video plugin before you load the rom. Because right now you have to load the rom, then configure. But with 1964, you can configure the video plugin first, so when you load the rom, you can go straight to full screen and play away.

7. The GUI had some wierd comments. Like the internal name for wave race was some wierd code like "iie`"

Well, these are just my lay suggestions. I know I have a lower end computer but hopefully this will help you make your emulator better. This emulator is awesome. Good luck Ice, you da man.
:tr64:

icepir8

Gamer123 said:
IcePir8,

since you've been making significant progress with your video plugin, I decided to try out your emulator. It is awesome! First off, the sound is probably the best I've heard in a while, I was using Azimer's .30 old and I was actually able to understand the speech in Perfect Dark, its around 80% in sync. Secondly, the video is almost as fast as 1964 good job. :cool:

Now, I also spotted a few bugs/issues with your emulator, just for some consideration.

1. Sometimes, during gameplay I couldnt access the menu. It would be almost semi-frozen. The game would still run, but none of the menus would open. So I had to use ctrl-alt-delete to exit. Maybe you can make it more stable in that way in the future.
I think this a thread issue. What OS are you running?

2. I was using NRages 1.80a plugin, and sometimes the emulator would cause it stop working for 5 seconds, so I couldnt move or do anything. Also, sometimes I would spin in circles for about 5 seconds too.
I think this has to do with the texture caching code. I am looking into it.

3. Is there a speed Limiter on this? Because sometimes Perfect Dark would go too fast, and it was also a little bit too choppy.
You can force speed limiting by checking the synch audio to game on azi's adio plugin.

4. The CF's are awesome. But with 1964, you can set each individual game to its own CF, and 1964 will remember it. Whereas, with TR64, you have to remember what CF to use with each game. Maybe you can make a game settings menu like 1964 does.
You can. double right click on the rom name and set the properies there.

5. ZIP Support, like Doomulation said, if you add zip support which I know you intend on doing, I would use the emulator everday, because I cant extract all my roms becuase then it would take X amount of Gigs of space.
Its on my todo list.

6. Make it so that you configure the video plugin before you load the rom. Because right now you have to load the rom, then configure. But with 1964, you can configure the video plugin first, so when you load the rom, you can go straight to full screen and play away.
I am concidering doing that.

7. The GUI had some wierd comments. Like the internal name for wave race was some wierd code like "iie`"
this happens on first time a rom is displayed on the list. I should be OK after the next restart. I am still looking into that problem.

Well, these are just my lay suggestions. I know I have a lower end computer but hopefully this will help you make your emulator better. This emulator is awesome. Good luck Ice, you da man.
:tr64:

Thnx,

Icepir8

OP
Gamer123

Gamer123

Xbox Addict
IcePir8
think this a thread issue. What OS are you running?
1. I am running WindowsME

?
You can force speed limiting by checking the synch audio to game on azi's adio plugin.

2. On Azimer's .30 old version, theres only the audio fix. Is that what you're talking about?

this happens on first time a rom is displayed on the list. I should be OK after the next restart. I am still looking into that problem.

3. Yeah, it was fine the second time.

You can. double right click on the rom name and set the properies there.

4. My bad, I didnt know that. Im used to double left clicking, or single right clicking like 1964. Im stupid sometimes. Sorry.

Im definitely going to use this emulator more. It has a lot of potential. Are there any games or anything that you want to me to try in particular? Thanx man.

Slougi

Gamer123 said:
2. On Azimer's .30 old version, theres only the audio fix. Is that what you're talking about?
Get a newer version of his plugins, tick "Sync Gameplay to Audio" in there.