What's new

The Rumble Fish 2 moves list / game manual

OP
S

Sablicious

Here's a small Cheat Engine based trainer / hack to freeze the round timer (good for practising):

*Just extract > double-click > run as Admin > press "T" to toggle timer freeze. https://www.mediafire.com/?98o8bs1wmtvtoyb

I'm trying to make one for infinite health and meters, but it's harder than just stopping the time, as the addresses are "dynamic" ("pointers") and getting Cheat Engine tutorials one can decipher from the grade school text they made with, is near impossible... -_-

However, health / meters can be hacked using raw CE (by searching 2-byte addresses). It's just that it must be done each time one re-enters the character select screen or restarts the game.

Last edited:
OP
S

Sablicious

Could you make trainers for other games?
Anyone can use Cheat Engine. The thing is, some trainers - i.e., in-game addresses to manipulate - are harder to find than others. "Virtual addresses" which are directed to by "pointers" are the headache, as they change each time you restart a game (even between rounds / bouts, in the case of RF2). So, to find these, you have to delve deeper into CE than just searching for a real-time changing number.

The first stop with emulators should always be extant cheat software made specifically for the hardware being emulated -- e.g., Game Shark or Action Reply. Then, if they're unavailable (as in the case of RF2, which is an arcade-only release), you can turn to CE (or ArtMoney) and start searching for numbers that you want to affect. For example, found the time freeze address by searching for a "changed value" over and over, until it found a few (three, IIRC) addresses; then I simply generated the trainer with CE. Very easy, relatively speaking. Pointers are harder / more time-consuming though and the methodology is less clear (to me, at least)...

You can go to CE forum and read the Pointer related tutorials and topics there if you hit that particular wall (not that their tutorials are particularly clear or concise... but, they do offer the basic idea though). It's more about how much time one is willing to invest in finding something like a working infinite HP cheat for a game they may only play for a few hours anyway.

You can also post a request topic at the CE forum and perhaps someone with CE expertise with throw a trainer together for you.

BTW, there are some RF2 characters available for Mugen (Beatrice and Greed, from what I've found), if that's one's thing, and they're quite well coded -- almost identical to their arcade originals.

Last edited: