What's new

Feature request

typeAlpha

Hi love this emulator and can't wait for the next release. :happy:

If possible and the coders have the time, please can you add an option to disable the bilinear filtering that seems to be forced in fullscreen mode. I have been trying to get it to run as close to native output as possible (like a DC with VGA out to a CRT monitor would display). It looks correct in a 640x480 windowed mode but as soon as you alt+enter to fullscreen (also 640x480) there is some horrible filtering applied that ruins the image and makes it less crisp.

If there is already a way to do this someone please tell me as I've tried looking through the options and not found anything :(

Thanks

OP
typeAlpha

typeAlpha

I managed to find a workaround to this problem so if anyone cares this is how I did it.

Download the Borderless Gaming app from westechsolutions_._net/sites/WindowedBorderlessGaming <-won't let me post URL's so remove the _'s

Set it up to detect the demul window. Now when you run Demul it will be Windowed fullscreen mode without the border so we now have a nice crisp image. However we still have the menu bar at the top of the screen. We can get rid of this by pressing F3 but then that creates a problem with the image and a portion of the bottom screen is always out of view. We can get around this by exiting demul, going into the Windowed Borderless Gaming app ->Settings->Game Settings->Demul and changing the Y Offset to -20

This will now display perfectly but we have another problem in that we can no longer see or click on the menu to load games, so we have to launch Demul from the command line : demul.exe -run=dc -image="fullgamepath"

Now we can play the games fullscreen without any stretching artifacts or screen blur. It's not ideal and is a pain having to launch games from the command line but it's the only way to achieve it afaik. Might be easier to run games using a launcher rather than using the command line yourself but I only use it for a few games so just created batch files for each one, so to run Virtua Fighter 3 I just double click on my vf3.bat to run it.

Hope this might help some people.