What's new

GlideN64 FX

Clements

Just a comment - If you read Gonetz's blog over the past few months, then you'll have seen that there was high demand for Dolphin-like shaders from several users. Obviously there was some demand for a feature like this.

Not saying I necessarily agree or want these features, but there was interest shown, so I understand why the new funding drive was made.

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
I'm of the opinion that if Gonetz needs money he should set up a Patreon. Simply ask for money to support himself. This current model of "give me money and I'll add this feature" leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

For example, suppose Gonetz gets 2k, and then in a few days some random coder comes along and makes a pull request to add the feature?

That would be just great. As I said, all extra money from campaign funding will go to further plugin development, e.g. buxfixes. In that situation we would have 2K of extra money.

Gonetz

GLideN64 is licensed under GPL, meaning that any binary releases must be accompanied by source code. As some have noted in the past, you can't actually "leak" a plugin like GLideN64 because the license grants redistribution rights.

Anyhow, I'm guessing Gonetz will work within the public repo, since he's expecting help from other devs going forward.
Yes, all dev code eventually goes to public repo.

Gonetz

Just a comment - If you read Gonetz's blog over the past few months, then you'll have seen that there was high demand for Dolphin-like shaders from several users. Obviously there was some demand for a feature like this.

Not saying I necessarily agree or want these features, but there was interest shown, so I understand why the new funding drive was made.

New funding drive was made mainly because I need more time to polish the plugin. As I many time explained, I can't do anything serious in my spare time because I don't have spare time. Funds collected for GLideN64 development ended. I'm finishing with Android port and further progress will reduced to one-two fixes per month. I could not just ask "People, I run out of funds, so please donate again." I suggested new interesting task to implement. If the campaign failed, I'll just go to earn money in local software company. All code history is public now, so you may hope that somebody with skills and time will continue it. So far there were two pull requests with code fixes since the code in the repo. Both from purplemarshmallow.