What's new

Allow Sharing of Freeware ROMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha_Guardian

I know they're not nearly as common as the illegal copyrighted ones, but they DO exist. I think we should allow sharing of freeware ROMs (usually homebrew games). :D

What do you think of adding that clause to the "no ROMs allowed" rule?

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
I'm sure users have the same access to Google that you and I do, thus there is no need to host them here.

Toasty

Sony battery
Yeah, this is a discussion board, not really meant for hosting files but for discussing things. If you want to link or attach relevant-to-topic public domain ROMs, it's certainly permissible though. I think we actually have a few links to those scattered about the emulator programming stickies to aid developers.

OP
A

Alpha_Guardian

I didn't mean hosting them on here. I just meant being allowed to link to freeware roms which is allowed, so yay.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Thank you for your approval. BTW this thread died a week after it was opened.
Please don't bump threads.
/closed

LyonHrt

Dcemu.co.uk guy
i remember a lot of freely released roms that maybe some members of public don't know about, eg bizzare creations, did have their wiz and liz to download on their site, which is a fun commercial game, but it is better just to link them, i did in the past have pdroms on an old site i worked with (consolevision) even worked with a emulator author who did a java gba emulator and not only let you download the games, but play them in your browser!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.