What's new

N-rage Input Plug [Help Needed]

cartisdm

Hi Folks!

I need some hand holding. I'm using the latest N-rage input plugin but I need to make a slight tweak to the code. If I launch Project64 without one of my controllers turned on, they will be dropped from my input configuration indefinitely.

In order to account for this, someone discovered you can add "gController->bConnected = true;" to the code and it will remember all your controllers plus allow for hotplugging after launching Project64. Unfortunately the person who made this update is no longer hosting the file.

Could someone please lend me a hand? Either assist me in how to compile the source myself or maybe compile the source I have on hand that already has the updated code added?

There is an old thread over on pj64 forums discusses in more detail. I can't link URLs but attached are two screenshots

Attachments

• forum_thread.png
    forum_thread.png
    121.9 KB · Views: 284
  • source_code.png
    source_code.png
    80.6 KB · Views: 274
Last edited by a moderator:

V1del

Attached is a build, didn't test anything but should work. If you still want to do this yourself, you can download Visual C++ Express 2010 (or get something more full featured with Visual Studio 2013 Community Edition) open the MSVC10 solution switch the build target to 'Release' from 'Debug' at the top and then click on Build -> Build_Nrage_Input_V2

Attachments

• NRage_Input_V2.zip
    64.5 KB · Views: 90
OP
cartisdm

cartisdm

Attached is a build, didn't test anything but should work. If you still want to do this yourself, you can download Visual C++ Express 2010 (or get something more full featured with Visual Studio 2013 Community Edition) open the MSVC10 solution switch the build target to 'Release' from 'Debug' at the top and then click on Build -> Build_Nrage_Input_V2

You're the man. Thanks for doing that AND providing instructions so I can learn something!

Unfortunately it wasn't the perfect fix I was hoping for. I'm still unable to play without picking my controllers from the drop down. This fix did allow for hotplugging the controller because it thinks they're always plugged in, so that's a plus. Here's the exact problem laid out by step in case anyone has any ideas:

1. Turn on 4 controllers
2. Launch Project64
3. Make sure all controllers are configured, saved, and confirmed working
4. Close Project64
5. Turn on 3 controllers
6. Launch Project64 and play a 3 player game
7. Close Project 64
8. Turn on 4 controllers
9. Launch Project64
Issue: It only recognizes 3 controllers in the dropdown of the controller config. It will continue to only recognize 3 until I pick #4 from the dropdown again (as shown in screenshots)

Attachments

• Missing_Controller.png
    Missing_Controller.png
    258.4 KB · Views: 183
  • Missing_Controller_v2.png
    Missing_Controller_v2.png
    262.7 KB · Views: 204

V1del

From what I see, that's because it saves its configuration on each exit, and if you remove one controller it will fall back to none and save that and reload that on next start. The always true only applies during runtime and while actually emulating something.

OP
cartisdm

cartisdm

From what I see, that's because it saves its configuration on each exit, and if you remove one controller it will fall back to none and save that and reload that on next start. The always true only applies during runtime and while actually emulating something.

I agree, that seems to me what it's doing as well. I'm all ears if anyone has any suggestions on a fix. I launch Project64 through a front-end and having to grab a mouse/keyboard to add a controller for friends is a giant pain!

OP
cartisdm

cartisdm

Oh man......you all are going to hate me for this.....I wasn't enabling the Nrage plugin from the settings menu. I had no idea I was still configuring the old plugin. Now that it's enabled, I see an entirely different configuration screen (this time Nrage's settings). The recently compiled plugin throws an error but the latest version I found on SoureForge (I still can't post links) works like a charm so I think it was added in one of the later builds. Woohoo to almost a 100% completely working system!! I can't wait to show off my entire build once complete.