What's new

Texture dump location with Glide64mk2 on Linux

Jtri

I'm trying to dump textures with the Glide64mk2 plugin on Linux. I have edited $HOME/.config/mupen64plus/mupen64plus.cfg so that
Code:
ghq_hirs_dump = True
Also, just in case, I set
Code:
ghq_hirs_dump = 1
in /usr/share/mupen64plus/Glide64mk2.ini. From various posts - though none of those concern dumped textures - it seems that the directory for dumped textures should be either $HOME/.cache/mupen64plus or $HOME/.local/share/mupen64plus, but neither of those have any dumped textures even after running the game for some time. I am launching mupen64plus straight from the command line with the parameter --gfx mupen64plus-video-glide64. The mupen64plus binary is from Arch community repository, version 2.0.0.

V1del

There are multiple things that make this hard, the biggest thing first, glide64mk2 currently doesn't support dumping as that wasn't deemed necessary enough for the initial port, maybe Rice supports it not sure old glide doesn't either but not sure. And afaik no one has done anything in this direction. second you'd have to have a more up to date build of mupen, as at least loading support for the texture cache was added after the 2.0 release (see here) third, you are loading the old glide64 there, so any option you set under the glide64mk2-section will not apply :p

OP
J

Jtri

There are multiple things that make this hard, the biggest thing first, glide64mk2 currently doesn't support dumping
Ok, that is good to know.

I just tested with the newest build from git, and yes, texture loading seems to work with glide64mk2. Rice plugin can dump textures ok, but seems to be a bit crashy for me, at least with DK64. I guess there's the option of trying to make Project64 run with wine or something else.
third, you are loading the old glide64 there, so any option you set under the glide64mk2-section will not apply
Well those options are under [Video-Glide64mk2], and mupen64plus says it uses glide64mk2, so wouldn't they apply to it?

V1del

nah then it's fine, but you mentioned loading mupen64plus-video-glide64 as opposed to mupen64plus-video-glide64mk2 but that probably was just a typo on your part. As for PJ64 in wine, last time I tried this worked pretty fine so that may be a possibility, what may also work is compiling an older version of mupen64(plus) (1.5 and earlier) which still supported zilmar's spec in a 32bit version and using the official and original glide64, but no idea if this would be worth the hassle