What's new

Texture replacement dumping etc with epsxe, why doesnt it work exactly?

LyonHrt

Dcemu.co.uk guy
This isn't a request, i've been doing this stuff for so long now, it seems a distant memory, no i'm asking exactly what is holding back dumping and injecting textures into epsxe, or any other psx emulator, is it plugin issue or how the psx handles its textures?
From what i can see, i can't see how it cant be possible, textures loaded into the ram surely can be dumped and maybe even replaced, so with a few experiments using my own tools (don't ask, a true magician won't reveal all at first! :naughty:) here are some shots of a few dumps from gt2 arcade edition, however they are a little corrupt (if they were perfect i wouldn't be asking this, and posting a guide on how to do it!) which shows that it could be actually possible.

Attachments

• EPSXE.EXE_0xDD94CF72.png
    EPSXE.EXE_0xDD94CF72.png
    52.1 KB · Views: 884
  • EPSXE.EXE_0xC9EB4558.png
    EPSXE.EXE_0xC9EB4558.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 799
  • EPSXE.EXE_0x2AE49E9E.png
    EPSXE.EXE_0x2AE49E9E.png
    43.8 KB · Views: 685
  • warriors rage.png
    warriors rage.png
    157 KB · Views: 922
Last edited:
OP
LyonHrt

LyonHrt

Dcemu.co.uk guy
Ok so theres this.....

Ok lots of views no discussions....so i'm going to reveal how i did this, and perhaps we can go somewhere....
First of all, this isn't a guide to say yes it works, HD PSX textures wooop wooop woop, as its buggy as anything, but it is kinda exciting to see when it does work, and even handy to extract textures too, so here's what you need.

To use this, we are going to use texmod, which you can get here.
Texmod relies on directx 9, epsxe doesn't have directx 9 support, so we need to convert something it does support to directx 9, in this case we going to use its glide support using lewpys glide, and finally the glide to directx9 wrapper, which for speed nglide seems the best, but there quite a few directx 9 glide wrappers so its trial and error finding the best one.

So once you've installed nglide and done the settings (you want hd obviously :)) best to switch off the 3dfx logo as well from here, make sure your glide plugin is working fine by testing it, if thats all good we can get cracking.
Load up texmod, and select epsxe, and goto logging. and run it, load up your game in epsxe. You should now see the familiar texmod controls, don't worry if the red text disappears you can still select the texture with + and -. you should now be able to see and capture, and inject textures.....in theory anyway, but its buggy and results are all over the place.

Last edited: