What's new

When does Rice first version has been wrote?

Narann

Graphic programming enthusiast
Hi all! I'm dugging into Video Rice code (mupen64plus rice video) and see a lot of weird things, like if the code has been wrote while some informations where not "available".

So I ask older of you guys: Have you any estimation at which year Rice design and wrote its plugin?

I don't talk about the public release date, but I try to understand what the original author knowns/didn't known when he design the plugin. I say that because the ColorCombiner Demuxer seems very... Weird. As if the authors tried to decorticate what the emulator bring to him without be really sure of anything. There is a lack of well known constants in the code at place where you could legitimately use them.

I just want to understand, I'm a noob on the N64 scene and I want to know if it's me that miss something or if the code has been wrote without all current N64 knowledge. :blush:

A big thanks in advance all!

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
This project was a fork of the graphic code of the daedalus emulator if i remember right. So, i guess some lines in it are really really old.

OP
Narann

Narann

Wow! Hacktarux himself!

First: Thanks for all what you did!

Thanks also for the informations. I've started adding multisampling and mipmaping to mupen64plus rice and now I'm almost to the point to rewrite the whole CC. The Demux stuff seems so complicate, this is why I've asked if the author have informations when he wrote his plugin.

But as you are a good'old dev of the N64 scene, can I ask you directly: When you start Mupen64 (2000 I guess), did you have SDK/programming manual stuff? Or you had to look for informations elsewhere?

Thanks in advance! :)

OP
Narann

Narann

I must admit the resources are impressive (disassemblers, wow).