What's new

TR64 OpenGL plugin ver 0.5 release

Martin

Administrator
Excellent! :)
Was going to post it buy flow beat me to it (I think). He was on IRC but quit for some reason. Well, it's not on Emu64 yet so I'll suppose he's working on the post...

RadeonUser

Weird... every time I run Zelda OoT (haven't tested the others) it freezes right in the intro (the spinning N) I'll try out the rest of the games now....

Edit : Just ran it on 1964, it seems to be fine... where it crashes on me is when running PJ64

Smiff

Emutalk Member
seems to crash on loading state (pj1.5b1, zelda)

also keeps asking for uCode - annoying

sk8bloke22

roll for life
dont worry about the ucode stuff, its not the emu, its the .ini (or lack of)...and as ice said, it'll be sorted soon enuff. ok, already theres a big bug, where some games, eg. the zelda ones, dont initially work in 1964, but after trying them in pj64 (which they do work in), and then retrying 1964, they work fine. very odd.

EDIT: Icepir8 re-read, sorry about that, didnt test the game properly...

Last edited:

sk8bloke22

roll for life
yah zelda is looking nice indeed, just odd 1964 bug (please read my edit above...). also extremg2 is sweet, but slow. Majoras mask is looking real good, and that about all ive played with so far. actually this plugin is very good, but unstable. the menus now work in turok: rage wars, all turok games are playable except turok 1. chameleon twist 2 works great (worked fine in the previous release also). its unstable not only cos sometimes do games work in one emu and not the other, but also cos everytime i use it it seems to crash the emu (so far both pj64 and 1964).

Last edited:

EeeK

Is there anyway to make it work faster with a Voodoo3?

PS: I know I've Glide64 but isnt it great to see TR64 OpenGL work too.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
EeeK said:
Is there anyway to make it work faster with a Voodoo3?

PS: I know I've Glide64 but isnt it great to see TR64 OpenGL work too.
Don't think so.
For what I know, Voodoo has poor opengl support.

OP
icepir8

icepir8

What it needs a a total rewrite. The code has so many kluges in it its a miracle that it works at all. I've learnd a lot working on it. But, now has come the time to step back and start again fresh.

I will plan how to go about supporting all features before starting actual code. I don't know how long this will take. I hope not too long.

:)