What's new

Demul and lightgun

nicco84

Hi to everyone.
I think there's a big problem with light gun.
I personally have aimtrack of ultimarc but problem is also for the rest.
Double click of mouse in upper area let demul go out from full screen to window mode because came out the menu bar.
The problem is that light gun emulates mouse and if I accidentally shot twice in upper area demul go out from full screen to window mode. Could be solved??

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
The same problem is in ElSemi's M2 Emulator as well when in fullscreen. I'm beginning to think both of these issues stem from how Direct3D handles fullscreen.

Last edited:
OP
N

nicco84

The same problem is in ElSemi's M2 Emulator as well when in fullscreen. I'm beginning to think both of these issues them from how Direct3D handles fullscreen.

Yes could be. The only thing Is strange is that the problem came out only if you shot in upper area of monitor... I think is properly a tweak of demul that needs to recall the menu bar or a tweak to exit from full screen. Hope so much it's a software problem (so will be an easy solving operating on source code).
Anyway I open an issue yesterday in bug tracker. In my opinion it's a big problem with big priority to solve.
Hope to help community! ;)

OP
N

nicco84

Start OT
One more thing:
Sega model 2 emulator has another problem. You can't shot out of monitor and shooting on edge emu recall desktop so emu ruins in window mode. For this problem there's a little software to repair this bug that let emulator run in a big portion of the whole screen but not true full screen deleting also the edge problem. so when you go to shot off screen you take desktop and you could reload.
Take a look in google writing hype*spin model 2 gun you should find your solution that I'm going to try
End OT

unluckily the demul is properly the double click in upper area. Hoping team will solve it

Plasmah77

Hello all I glad to have found these forums. I need HELP! Lol

I have been going nuts trying to get my Ultimarc (Aimtrak) Light Gun to work in Demul 0582.
In the Aimtrak configuration utility I set the Trig/Left/Right to GP 1, GP 2, and GP 3 and set to Emulate Mouse.

Now I go into Demul and I can set the light gun buttons but when I go to calibrate the gun in Left for Dead 2 the gun trigger pull don't shoot. WTF???

I tried so many setting and combinations and I still can't get this damn gun to work. AT one point I had the gun firing onscreen but the MArk won't move.

This is really driving me insane.

Plasmah77

Update:

Just in case someone else is having problems with Demul and the Light Gun I have finally got it to work!

This is how I did it:

1. You must make sure the games you are playing have a Service/Test mode (Atomiswave and Naomi games have it Dreamcast does not!)
In my case I had the Dreamcast version of HOD2 and could not get the gun to work no matter what I did. Once I got the Naomi version BAM! WORKING!

2. In Demul version 0582 go to Config/Controls/System Board and map a key to Service and Test (I used N=Service M=Test)

3. Laod your Naomi or Atomiswave game and wait for the game to get into demo mode then press the N key to enter the service screen.

4. Once in the Service screen you can navigate through the menu using M key (Test). Now just look for the Light Gun configuration section and
configure your gun. (NOTE: All games are different sometimes the Light Gun configuration may be in a different spot. As an example Naomi HOD2
you must go to the IO setup menus in Service Mode.

I hope that helps some of you. I went NUTZ for a few days trying to figure this **** out.

Hello all I glad to have found these forums. I need HELP! Lol

I have been going nuts trying to get my Ultimarc (Aimtrak) Light Gun to work in Demul 0582.
In the Aimtrak configuration utility I set the Trig/Left/Right to GP 1, GP 2, and GP 3 and set to Emulate Mouse.

Now I go into Demul and I can set the light gun buttons but when I go to calibrate the gun in Left for Dead 2 the gun trigger pull don't shoot. WTF???

I tried so many setting and combinations and I still can't get this damn gun to work. AT one point I had the gun firing onscreen but the MArk won't move.

This is really driving me insane.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to mention USE the N key to select. Sorry ;)

Just in case someone else is having problems with Demul and the Light Gun I have finally got it to work!

This is how I did it:

1. You must make sure the games you are playing have a Service/Test mode (Atomiswave and Naomi games have it Dreamcast does not!)
In my case I had the Dreamcast version of HOD2 and could not get the gun to work no matter what I did. Once I got the Naomi version BAM! WORKING!

2. In Demul version 0582 go to Config/Controls/System Board and map a key to Service and Test (I used N=Service M=Test)

3. Laod your Naomi or Atomiswave game and wait for the game to get into demo mode then press the N key to enter the service screen.

4. Once in the Service screen you can navigate through the menu using M key (Test). Now just look for the Light Gun configuration section and
configure your gun. (NOTE: All games are different sometimes the Light Gun configuration may be in a different spot. As an example Naomi HOD2
you must go to the IO setup menus in Service Mode.

I hope that helps some of you. I went NUTZ for a few days trying to figure this **** out.