What's new

Dreamcast's Tomb raiders emulation.

Sakuragi

As far as I know none of the Dreamcast's Tomb Raiders are emulatable, but the other day while searching for info I found a guy who posted a few screenshots from Tomb raider The Last revelation and Tomb Raider Chronicles, comparing the PC, Dreamcast and PSx Version, an he claimed the Dreamcast shots were taken from an emulator, but didn't said a word of which one.

Dreamcast version of Tomb raider has exclusive features absent even on the PC build as dinamic shadows and bump mapping, so the shots he posted must be from the Dreamcast version as they are in HD.

Here are some of those screens, Lara's shadow tell us that this is the Dreamcast version :happy:

tqqo.jpg

hu6x.jpg

ixet.jpg

79jq.jpg

The question is, Which Dreamcast emulator can handle Tomb raider?

:bounce:

click4dylan

Demul runs TOMB_RAIDER_THE_LAST_REVELATION_(U)_CE_BY_XIAOPANG.CDI just fine.

You need to do the WINCE memory card hex edit to get it to load and save games though. the sound also likes to randomly make chipmunk sounds and cut out but for the most part it works great. Please note that Chronicles does not have all the fancy bump mapping and graphical improvements that the last revelation did.

OP
Sakuragi

Sakuragi

Could you please guide me on how to hex edit a memory card to make it functional?

click4dylan

download xvi32 and open vms00.bin. press ctrl+g and go to the address 1FE56. change 80 to 00 in the left side and save the file. tomb raider will now see and load/save games from the memory card. make sure it's set to VMS and not VMU in demul, i found VMU has problems. i found the audio only has problems if you can't keep constant 60 fps (needs a good CPU. i have an i7 3770k 4.5 ghz and occasionally the sound glitches up). this could probably be fixed by the demul team with their sound plugin, but it's been a long time since an update so i doubt they will.

Last edited:

harvjones

download xvi32 and open vms00.bin. press ctrl+g and go to the address 1FE56. change 80 to 00 in the left side and save the file. tomb raider will now see and load/save games from the memory card. make sure it's set to VMS and not VMU in demul, i found VMU has problems. i found the audio only has problems if you can't keep constant 60 fps (needs a good CPU. i have an i7 3770k 4.5 ghz and occasionally the sound glitches up). this could probably be fixed by the demul team with their sound plugin, but it's been a long time since an update so i doubt they will.

Which os you installed cause it's giving error in win 7 x64