WinUAE is a desinged for Windows program, which emulates the hardware of the Commodore Amiga range of computers. It emulates most of its functions: Original Chip Set (OCS), Enhanced Chip Set (ECS) and Advanced Graphics Architecture (AGA), Motorola 68000/010/020/040 CPU, optionally a 68881 FPU, 2 MB Chip RAM and 8 MB Fast RAM, or 8 MB Chip RAM without Fast RAM. 64 MB Zorro III Fast RAM, independent of Chip RAM setting (68020+ only). 1 MB Slow RAM, for compatibility, Picasso 96 graphics with 8 MB of memory, Serial port, and Simple parallel port is only sufficient for printing. Networking via bsdsocket.library. WinUAE has reasonable compatibility for most software but, just like a "real" Amiga, for some old games it requires careful configuration in order to match the originally-supported hardware.
Here's list of upcoming features:
- Cirrus Logic SVGA based hardware graphics board emulation.
- Use graphics board in emulated Amix, Linux, NetBSD and others.
- Use CyberGraphX and Picasso96 RTG in emulation using native drivers.
- Emulates most Cirrus Logic based Zorro II/III RTG boards.
- SCSI tape drive emulation.
- Both reading and writing supported.
- Can install Amix without hacks.
- Works with most backup software that supports tape drives.
- SLIRP user mode NAT emulation.
- A2065 and uaenet.device emulation without need for host side extra drivers.
- Lua scripting.
- Modify memory, registers and configuration and more from scripts.
- Script can register callback functions that gets executed when specificed event happens (config changes, memory changes etc..)
Check out Projects website for further information.