What's new

Memory card help?

Tim 13

Hello, I'm a moron when it comes to emulation, so I hope I could get some help. I'm new here, so go easy on me. lol

Using an N64 controller adapter, I'm playing No Mercy on P64. Now, I have it on both N64 and on my PC. I've put a lot of work into the N64 version, and I'm hoping for a way to be able to transfer everything I've done from the cartridge to my PC save of the game. But, seeing as how that equipment is not available to me, I think I'll have to start from scratch.

One thing that would be tremendously helpful, though, to not have to restart, would be the ability to transfer any content that can be moved via memory pack to my PC. I currently have my memory pack plugged in to my controller, but using both the N Rage and Jabo input plugins, it would seem to me that the memory card they are looking for is a virtual memory card file, as opposed to the memory card that's actually connected to the controller.

So, let me start by asking, is there any way for me to extract my cartridge data to the PC without owning any additional equipment? And once someone tells me no, then my more pressing question is, is there a way for me to extract the data on my N64 memory pack to PC file in a format readable by Project 64?

I put the Dreamcast logo next to the topic title because I thought it would be funny. Also, here's Wolverine :wolverine

F

Fanatic 64

So, let me start by asking, is there any way for me to extract my cartridge data to the PC without owning any additional equipment?
No, there you go.
And once someone tells me no, then my more pressing question is, is there a way for me to extract the data on my N64 memory pack to PC file in a format readable by Project 64?
Have you tried the included Adaptoid plugin?
I put the Dreamcast logo next to the topic title because I thought it would be funny. Also, here's Wolverine :wolverine
Don't do that, it almost makes you look like a troll.

OP
T

Tim 13

Yeah, so Adaptoid is not working for me. Does anybody else have any suggestions for how to pull the data from my memory card?

OP
T

Tim 13

Well, I did say no additional equipment, but I was afraid that extra things like a DexDrive might be expensive because they're no longer made. But I was more referring to a complicated piece of equipment intended to pull the data from cartridges and move them to a PC, since their function is pretty limited. But, I found a DexDrive on eBay for $13, free shipping, and that's fantastic. I'm jumping all over that. Thank you, Extreme. And by the way, your post cracked me up. lol