What's new

project64 2.1 crash in vista

fabiano87

Hello everyone, whenever i try to load a rom in project64 2.1 automatically appears a blue screen with windows error and it reset, this is what appears after the reboot:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 5129

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 9734B74B
BCP3: 9867BAE8
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini072113-02.dmp
C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-99185-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\WERF3D0.tmp.version.txt

I have a notebook, asus gaming dual core 2.4, 3gb ram, ati radeon mobility hd 3470 with windows vista (yeah i know vista is shit)

Just bought it (its used) and already updated to latest ati drivers, also downloaded both service packs, put compatible with windows xp sp 2, and changed also to jabbo direct3d6 1.5.2 and still have this error.

Any idea what could it be?

Thanks.

OP
F

fabiano87

PD: I tried to do the bcedit in the cmd but it says that i dont have access (and im logged as administrator, i dont know if the user account control has something to do about it). I also deactivated all antivirus.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
PD: I tried to do the bcedit in the cmd but it says that i dont have access (and im logged as administrator, i dont know if the user account control has something to do about it). I also deactivated all antivirus.

That issue looks like a fubared Windows. You should back up and wipe the HDD.

But, first, change the UAC settings back to default and reply back.

Also, Smith had a documentation page back in the old school times about getting a BSOD being an unstable PC! I agree on that.

Something's really wrong if you're getting BSOD errors under emulation!

It's usually core instability! 99 percent, it's because someone OC'ed cores too much, not enough Vcore or core temps too high.

Last edited:
OP
F

fabiano87

Thanks a lot for answering. I turned uac off and did the bcedit. Now it works!!!!

But whats the unstable thing u are talking about is it going to be a problem? cause i just bought the notebook i dont want problems!! (i know its used and that might bring some issues but i dont understand the core instability or the oced cores too much)

As for the games bomberman 64 has the text messed up thats because of the rom?

And last question, shall i leave the jabbo direct3d6 1.5.2 or put it like it was before?

Thanks again. Hopefully i wont have more issues.

OP
F

fabiano87

Blue screen appeared again, but i could play more than 1 rom, and after loading another one the blue screen appeared :/

dsx

pj64 2.1 bluescreens on windows 7 without a specific kernel update, maybe there is a similar update for vista.

OP
F

fabiano87

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 5129

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 96F2B74B
BCP3: AAB4EAE8
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini072313-02.dmp
C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-33618-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\WER9EBE.tmp.version.txt

Again!!!
Can you please help me? why sometimes it works and sometimes crash???!