What's new

DirectX 11 Error in 0.58

NGboo

When I start a game (any game) while using DX11 plugin, I get "Create Device and Swap Chain Failed" error, while DX10 is working fine, except the games run slower than they did in 0.57. Any advice?

My specs:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5200+ (2,7GHz)
4GB RAM
NVidia GeForce 8800 GTS 320MB VRAM
Windows 7 32bit

OP
N

NGboo

In 0.57 I could run DX11 without any problems, with the same graphic card, and the games run at 60fps.

Boomslangnz

your card is not a directx 11 gpu , so it won't work

the old directx11 is renamed directx10 now as it wasn't just utilizing all directx11 features

lacp

your card is not a directx 11 gpu , so it won't work

the old directx11 is renamed directx10 now as it wasn't just utilizing all directx11 features
Then the people like me that have a graphic card like the Radeon HD 4870 1GB with directx 10.1 are forced to buy a card with directx 11 hardware. Why you you don't facilitate the things and make a version with a real plugin with directx 10? Will be that a Radeon HD 4870 1GB it is not a capable graphic card for Demul emulation?

Boomslangnz

No one is forcing you to buy anything. Simply put, Directx 11 gpu's are made to support directx 11 and it's features (funny that). Directx 10 gpu's are not.

lacp

I think that it's better you make a new version with a true Directx 10 plugin, compatible with these cards, because still exist much people with those graphic cards. There because the people use more Windows 7 and 8 actually, even with those operate systems, these people like me, have and use Directx 10, 10.1 cards.

lacp

For Nintendo Wii, Gamecube, Ps2 and PSP it is no need Directx 11 hardware or software and these consoles are more powerful and more recent than Dreamcast or those arcades based in Dreamcast hardware. Even NullDC doesn't need these requirements and for Demul it is required so much.

iWind

Demul core coder
Order independent transparency need for dreamcast. Ideal oot need Directx11. Directx10 support only 8 or 16(very slow) layers with more erorr on nvidia videocard.

orochi_kyo

GT 430 dont support directX11??

I have a Nvidia Gt430 and Im receiving this same error "Create Device and Swap Chain Failed" everytime I try to launch any game with directx11 plugin. Directx10 is buggy and pretty damn slow.
"geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-430/specifications"
Nvidia said that this card supports Directx 11. I read that demul 0.57 directx11 plugin is really a directx10, thats weird.

So, whats happening?

Windows 7 64 bits
Athlon II X3 3.3ghz
3 Gigas of ram.