What's new

Front end pj64 control profile per rom

Qdot

I'm currently in the process of researching front ends for a classic gaming box that I plan to hook up to my tv. One of the issues that I can see will be the control scheme for n64 tiles as I have a 360 controller and I use different control schemes for different games. So I want to know how could I get pj64 to change control scheme based on different roms. I already looked a fair bit into this and the only solution that I can find is to use autoit. I would have no trouble doing this but the concern is the compatibility between autoit and which ever front end that I choose. An example, could I make the front end launch the autoit script, change the profile, then launch the pj64 , but then how would the front end know to put pj64 to full screen and not the auto script. These are the questions that I have. Also since this post is focused on front ends more so then pj64 this thread might not be the best place to to post, but I am unsure where else to post.

Visitor111

I created a front end for all my emulators. The way I handled what you are referring to (in addition to a few other issues) was to simply have one PJ64 folder per ROM. PJ64 takes up little space and you get the added benefit of easily keeping all configs on a per game basis. Is there a more elegant way to do it? Probably. I did it because it worked and was easy :)