What's new

Wind Waker Graphics problem

Silvie

Hi,
I searched everywhere but couldn't find any similar issue..

The Problem is basically that in "hot" regions (can't say for sure it's everywhere, but it is so in the dungeon where you rescue the big bird), where the heatwaves should blur the screen, it kind of "cuts" the screen. It's hard to explain. Like if the picture on one side of that cut was ahead of the other but the cuts wander and change. It goes through Link, but doesn't go through the "Interface".
Outside it works entirely fine. It also stays at 100% speed for most of the time.
The issue doesn't make the game unplayable but it's pretty annoying because things kinda look like they were bigger at once and then they're smaller, depending on how you moved.
Hope anyone can help!

A tiny unrelated question: would it be possible to get my save file to a Wii so I could play from the save file there?

Thanks,
Silvie

OP
S

Silvie

Thank you for the help.
I've tried a relatively old version of Dolphin at first (that I still had from a while back), then the one I found on the Download page. I dunno how to find the latest stable or the last one, or which the one on that page was, but both gave me the problem.
Thanks for that wiki website, that seems helpful! I tried some of the tips for the "heat doubling" since it seems similar to my problem, but it didn't help so far.

Toasty

Sony battery
The current stable version is 3.5. (Here's the English version of the download page too, if that's more convenient.) If your Wii is modded, you can use GCMM to transfer a save from Dolphin (must export the GCI from Dolphin's memory card manager) from an SD card (or USB is supported now too I believe?) to a Gamecube memory card.

OP
S

Silvie

Yeah I have the version 3.5 atm. But after having to kill the Big Plant boss after the Deku Tree Dungeon three times because it got stuck right after, and then that Deku Tree ceremony at 6-10% speed... I decided I'd rather play it on the Wii. I have an old gamedisc, but my Wii isn't modded. I've been trying to do that lately, but it seems the "Letterbomb" thing doesn't work anymore (I tried, didn't appear for me) and I have none of the games required for the other tricks.

Zellie

photo.php

Idk what this is.. but its supposed to be in the entrance to dragons roost cavern.. it moves and flows with the ashes so im guessing its a graphics issue.. any ideas?

Visitor111

Taken directly from the dolphin Wiki: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-gc-the-legend-of-zelda-the-wind-waker--25929

Dragon Roost Heat Effect
The heat effect in Dragon Roost displays incorrectly, creating odd tears in the screen. Dolphin currently does not have a proper solution for this problem, but there are workarounds.
Setting Action Replay code 003F6B2A 00000000 (003FE32A 00000000 for PAL version) switches off the fullscreen heat effect in the Dragon Roost areas. (Be sure in the general config page to enable cheats, otherwise this won't work)
The glitches can be fixed by enabling free look and zooming in the camera significantly until the heat effects are behind the camera. This is performed by enabling Freelook in the Graphics -> Advanced menu, then holding Shift-W to zoom in past the effect. This will effectively fix the heat distortions, and breaks fewer effects in the game than disabling EFB outright; however it can cause other problems such as flickering, and can take some trial and error to position the camera at the ideal spot. Use Shift-R to restore the camera to normal.

Toasty

Sony battery
[MENTION=110382]Zellie[/MENTION]: As noted in the forum rules, asking for or providing the locations of copyrighted ROMs/ISOs is prohibited. You can post new threads by clicking the "Post New Thread" button in any forum section. (We really need to come up with a more intuitive label for that button...)