What's new

opinions on game (general software as well)

Cyberman

The last 10 years of the gaming and software industry have demonstrated a trend of forcing users into software as a service licenses.
Example all versions of windows XP give the user NO COPYRIGHT usership only liccense to use the software at the companies discretion, this has caused some definate annoyances with XP.

Sony is trying to force all there games toward that (see talk of the town) for there next generation console (PS4).

It appears they are being a bit ... over controlling too me. What is the purpose of this? More money? It seems a bit toward rediculous (and more likey what hollywood tries to do).

Is their a better way? Too me it seems the users of these systems are being abused. It's not enough people spend huge dollars to get a game nope you no longer own the game or the console and if the company decides you are a problem you are screwed. It reminds me of school yard brawls and bullying. Heh In fact that is EXACTLY how it looks too me. Hmmmm.

Anyone have thoughts regarding this potentially upcoming annoying crisis in our future?

I use linux as my OS at home. Hmmm

Anyhow thoughts (rants I can do thank you very much). :D

Cyb