What's new

Sony Yet again tries to ....

Cyberman

make life miserable for the rest of the whole world, in there latest patent weirdness.
You would think after the 'root kit' thing (in which they gave everyone the middle finger anyhow) they would have learned.

Nope they truely have earned their right to collapse into nothing.

Well when Sony collapses (which if people hadn't noticed it has been) there will be only 2 console manufacturers Microsoft and Nintendo. Interesting.

Cyb

PS Sony has every NEW generation OUTRIGHT LIED about their systems working with the prior software titles. NOW they wish to force RESALE such titles although the people OWN the prior titles. They are desperate for money and aren't willing to actually work for it. I suggest the world let them starve (from the top exec down). Seriously.

Last edited:
OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

I'm glad Sony patented the idea. It will dissuade other companies from using it. :evil:

Why I find it irritating is I couldn't have been able to get half the games I have if I ran out and grabed it right away, so I've been able to get them used. Why? Availability is limited, didn't have the money at the time, and more often, I didn't know it existed.

It's not been patented it's currently in the patent pending process. They are trying to sell game software as a service just like in Windows you no longer own a copy of the software (no copyright ownership). This is in essence denying you the right to sell your games back you don't like for example. AHEM following?

This is a disaster waiting. I believe the PS4 will be the lie the PS3 and Ps2 was so I don't plan on wasting my time with it. Even PC games are being abused this way (Think steam).

My guess is this is there solution to the used game market, you won't be able to trade games or buy ones you couldn't when they came out anymore. That's there real plan.

Cyb

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
They are going to RFID there games so that only one ps4 can read the game(s) loaded by that ps4?!?!

I never really liked sony and now I will never give them a chance.

Last edited:

Toasty

Sony battery
My guess is this is there solution to the used game market, you won't be able to trade games or buy ones you couldn't when they came out anymore. That's there real plan.
Aw, but Sony veiled that so well. :rolleyes:

Thankfully for me at least, no games exclusive to Sony consoles remotely interest me. Sony is a sinking ship IMO.

Azimer

Emulator Developer
I am not buying "Playstation 4". The reason I don't hate Steam is they frequently have sales if you are patient enough to wait for them. They give you more for your dollar than consoles.

OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

I am not buying "Playstation 4". The reason I don't hate Steam is they frequently have sales if you are patient enough to wait for them. They give you more for your dollar than consoles.

I think in particular what I don't like about steam is the illusion of 'control' it gives.
Steam in and of itself is not evil but it is limited and it has given me problems. So I don't use it anymore (not since 2009).

I prefer to have a solid install disk than a steam download. I prefer not to be locked into a set of keys that can be blocked. Ny thinking is a book and not as some sneaky bastards idea of not allowing you to own anything or have any rights too use it. They changed it to a lending library they charge each time you look at it.

That is where software is going, if people haven't noticed it. Sony, MS, and their ilk have turned games into gambling almost. You don't have a lot of fun you have nothing to show for yourself afterward either. And the more you invest into their stuff worse you are off. :D

Cyb

Last edited: