What's new

Configuring Joypad map to mimic Super Nintendo controller?

Pesti1ence1

Could someone tell me what Button A, Button B, Turbo A, and Turbo B are relative to the Super Nintendo controller so that I can set up my gamepad accordingly. Something doesn't feel right, and I've tried modifying it by trial and error and wound up more confused then what I was to begin with, so to be on the safe side if someone could simply tell me the corresponding buttons that would be lovely. I would offer help to you guys in return without a doubt but my experience with emulators only consist of playing Pokemon yellow on an online application once. :whistling

Much obliged.

OP
P

Pesti1ence1

I know I thought and did the exact same thing but the names of the buttons don't match the controller which is what throws me.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Erm, maybe I'm stupid, but I'm still not completely in the clear on what your problem is. What emulator are you using? Can you post a picture of your gamepad? What kind of button layout does it have?

Turbo A and Turbo B means rapidly pressing eirther A or B respectively, i.e. map Turbo A to one button means that when you press said button, the effect is the same when you rapidly press the A button. The original Super Nintendo controller doesn't have turbo buttons obviously.

Assign the buttons however you feel like.

OP
P

Pesti1ence1

Erm, maybe I'm stupid, but I'm still not completely in the clear on what your problem is. What emulator are you using? Can you post a picture of your gamepad? What kind of button layout does it have?

Turbo A and Turbo B means rapidly pressing eirther A or B respectively, i.e. map Turbo A to one button means that when you press said button, the effect is the same when you rapidly press the A button. The original Super Nintendo controller doesn't have turbo buttons obviously.

Assign the buttons however you feel like.

I meant the controller input on the menu not the controller. I meant to edit that post but couldnt stay logged in. I have a joy pad that looks like an xbox controller, the buttons layout isnt too far from a super nintendo. And so I want to make the controller operate the same as a nintendo controller would by editing the input on the emulator screen. So I need to figure out what button A is to on the nintendo controller, button b is to the nintendo controller, and etc. Not stupid at all, that was my fault.