What's new

Body Harvest 64

Diocide

I know this is a common problem. That body harvest doesn't work with any emulator naturally. But, I've read glide64 makes it work correctly. But it lags like crazy for me, I don't know what settings to set it to to make it run faster. Out of all the games I want to play on 64 is Body Harvest and its one of the few that has problems. Does anyone know any emulator + config setup that will get it running correctly? In project64 it runs but you fall through bridges and walk through buildings, cant climb stairs, and it freezes every 30 seconds or so. Thanks in advance.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
But, I've read glide64 makes it work correctly.

whoever said this, is full of crap

The game doesn't work correctly with any combination of emulator or plugin, interpreter or otherwise. (well it doesn't freeze often on 1.7, but the clipping issues are still there)

Heinz-Fiction

Hey, i know this thread is kinda old, but i dont want to make a new topic, so i hope its okay to ask here.

Does anyone of you have experienced improvements emulating Body Harvest? I tried it half a year ago or so, and i managed to get to the cable car building in java. i got stuck at the boathouse in greece before, but i passed that with a different plugin in this situation; passing bridges and climbing stairs worked with the glide64 plugin, more or less, but it worked. however, as i say im stucked now at the cable car and glitch through the entire building. sadly i dont have any savegames left to test if something has changed, maybe someone here have?

Last edited:

zoinkity

Try using MAME, first with dynarec off. It's a low-level problem, so MAME is probably going to be your best bet.

Ambient_Malice

Pretty sure it works fine with HatCat's pixel accurate plugin, but the game is extremely resource intensive. Also, Body Harvest has mild sound problems.