What's new

Rice Video Community version

barefoot138

I keep getting the error "This application has failed to start because bmglib.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." when I go to the plugin settings. Even with the dll it doesn't seem to work.

F

Fanatic 64

I keep getting the error "This application has failed to start because bmglib.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." when I go to the plugin settings. Even with the dll it doesn't seem to work.
What version of Rice Video are you using? As far as I know that only happens with Rice's (2005 and backwards) versions of the plugin. Try downloading the one at the beginning of this thread and see if it works.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Damn, still no dice! If it matters, I'm using Windows 8 Pro, probably running PJ64 in compatibility mode.
Ensure that you have the latest DirectX redistrubable installed. Also what version of PJ64 are you running??

Download the latest version of Rice Video, your using a seriously outdated one, Rice Video has not linked to an external DLL for bmglib for awhile now. Only old versions require the bmglib.dll.

F

Fanatic 64

Audio missing for Ridge Racer 64, Quest 64.

And this problem has nothing to do with DirectX and audio plugin.
Well, death--droid and Squall_Leonhart disagree.

Although in my testing, I've found the problem doesn't happen when using Hacktarux/Azimer's HLE RSP Plugin (the one included in Mupen64 0.5), regardless of the audio plugin. Perhaps this is related to the emulation rather than the API? (Another evidence is that the problem doesn't happen with Jabo's Direct3D, which is a DirectX plugin).

suanyuan

Although in my testing, I've found the problem doesn't happen when using Hacktarux/Azimer's HLE RSP Plugin (the one included in Mupen64 0.5), regardless of the audio plugin. Perhaps this is related to the emulation rather than the API? (Another evidence is that the problem doesn't happen with Jabo's Direct3D, which is a DirectX plugin).

Despite other people's opinion, according your experience, what is your judgement?

I knew 1964Video has the same audio missing problem too, if 1964video using OpenGL for rendering still have the same issue then it is nothing to do with DirectX or OpenGL.

Hacktarux/Azimer's HLE RSP Plugin internal emulates audio with HLE, but except that all other rsp using LLE audio emulation, such as Zilmar's RSP, FatCat's RSP all have audio missing problem no matter which audio plugin to use.

On the contrary if you use Hacktarux/Azimer's HLE RSP Plugin, the audio missing problem disappears no matter which audio plugin to use.

If you classify the audio missing problem is DirectX or audio plugin problem, then no one can fix it.

Last edited:
F

Fanatic 64

That's what I was suggesting, the issue is not withing DirectX. The problem happens with ALL the versions of Rice Video (Daedalus, Rice, Mudlord, Aristotle, 1964, death--droid), but it doesn't happen with ANY other video plugins.

VGRageaholic

Is there a way to make Yoshi's Story work even slightly with this plugin? As soon as I start a level I just get garbage on screen.

Was using Glide for a while but that borks on the water reflections on level 4-2, so wanted to see if another plugin had that effect emulated.

F

Fanatic 64

It works perfectly for me. Are you using the latest version of the plugin? Have you messed with the settings? And what is your graphics card?

Also, as a general rule of thumb, if a minor effect isn't emulated in Glide64, then Rice Video doesn't emulate it either :p

F

Fanatic 64

Well, after a long while, time to report bugs again.

In GoldenEye 007, with Project64 2.1 and the latest Rice Video, during the Gunbarrel Sequence just before James Bonds appears, or if you try to skip it, the game crashes with the message "CN64System::RunRSP Unknown memory action". This does not happen with any other video plugins.

Also, in the previous versions that worked, when going fullscreen, there is some sort of flickering between the current frame and some previous frame, which creates a "ghost" of that previous frame while you move, and usually makes the game unplayable (and gives me nausea). I would appreciate if you could look into it.

P.S. We need to make some good progress or else Gonetz's new plugin is gonna make this obsolete...

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Current plan is to merge in all improvements done by the Daedulus team (there's quite a few, they handle a lot of things much cleaner than rice does, but at the same time their not the easiest changes to merge across.

Update the plugin to conform with the latest video plugin specifications for Project64,

Then start cleaning the code as much as possible to make it easier to implement new features.

^Those is no particular order

In GoldenEye 007, with Project64 2.1 and the latest Rice Video, during the Gunbarrel Sequence just before James Bonds appears, or if you try to skip it, the game crashes with the message "CN64System::RunRSP Unknown memory action". This does not happen with any other video plugins.
Interesting, hmmm I shall look into it.

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

Hello,
I use Project64 2.1.0.1 with RiceVideo 0.2.1 and I get the error: "Unable to read ini file from disk"
Can someone pls help.

That message simply means its failed to read the configuration file for RiceVideo (Happens by default for the most part since i tend not to include the per rom config file)
Should dissapear after first run, if the message continues to appear try running Project64 as administrator