Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4787959697
    Administrator & Programmer Zack's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarathonMan View Post
    I profiled the other day; very little. Probably around the order of 10%, or less. angrylion's plugin is ridiculously optimized it seems. I might be able to take it a bit further with some SSE-fu, but I won't even bother with it until I get the RSP/VR4300 down to something reasonable.

The main deadweights are the interpreted, cycle-accurate RSP and VR4300 cores. They're coming in at a hefty 30+% utilization each.
    Any updates @MarathonMan?
    Proud Administrator Of Emutalk.net

* I develop software for: iOS, Android, Mac, Linux & Windows.
    * Proficient in C, C++, Objective-C, Swift, Lua. Also know some: C# & PHP.

Want to help EmuTalk? Want us to relive the glory days of old? Ping me, I would love to hear your ideas

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _Zack_ View Post
    Any updates @MarathonMan?
    Currently juggling quite a few balls (when I can find the time... been busy!)

- Working on a debugger: http://forums.cen64.com/download/file.php?id=89
    - Adding 64DD support, with the help of LuigiBlood: http://forums.cen64.com/download/file.php?id=82. We currently have a booting IPL, working RTC, and have some seek/reads working. LuigiBlood is blocking on debugger support due to things being hard to track down ATM...
    - Mac OS X builds now seem to quasi-work.
    - Various performance improvements and optimizations.
    - SSE2 support was added, so any x86_64 processor can now play CEN64, and we're only a few commits away from 32-bit builds.
    - Also thinking about adding/how to add a software-based transactional memory (STM) algorithm to leverage multiple cores/threads and boost performance.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, windows SSE2 build crashes (as in, xxxx has stopped working) on any version of MM. Linux version just works. Just a report. Cheers.

Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4787959697