What's new

Demul 5.7 configruation on emu cabinet (Atomiswave & Naomi only) for keyboard only

Wade007

Demul 5.7 configruation on emu cabinet (Atomiswave & Naomi only) for keyboard only

Hi. New to the forum. Did a search for this but came up empty. Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm setting up a emulation cabinet at home using MALA for my frontend and an X-Arcade Tankstick as a controller (converts joystick and button movements to keyboard strokes)

Would like to include Demul 5.7 arcade games. **Only Atomiswave and Naomi based games. No Dreamcast games.

A few of questions please... The first is the most important.

Is there a way to make sure all Demul "arcade" games work consistently with the keyboard? I can get most of them to work fine by going to Configure Controllers/Arcade/Joystick 1, Joystick 2....and entering the keyboard controls, but I have to do it each time for each game. Global settings don't seem to work for all games. Very frustrating. Some games respond to "digital" directional input others "analog". Some don't work at all. Why is that? Demul seems to use only the last used settings entered. Again, how can I make all games work consistently using a keyboard?

Related question: Can Demul be set up to use a unique config file for each unique game so I don't have to configure each game individually over and over? How to save and load so I don't have to re-configure each game's controls anew after returning from playing a different one?

Some games don't seem to work? IE: 18 Wheeler won't turn in-game. Alien Front keeps turning right and won't stop (solution?).
Is there a list somewhere that clearly lists the issues with each game and which ones are still broken.

Minor concern:
Often after loading a Demul arcade game (**see above) the logo screen for Naomi and Atomiswave don't seem to clip out correctly. The background stays black instead of all white with jagged edges around the logo itself. Is this a video card issue, a setting issue or something else?

It seems most of the Naomi 2 games are very laggy. Is that because my CPU isn't fast enough or is it just an emulation issue not matter how fast the CPU? Any ideas on how to improve framerate given my specs?

System specs:
Win 7 64 bit
Geforce FX 570
Core 2 Duo 3.4 Ghz
4 Gigs DDR Ram

Sorry about all the Newbie questions. Thanks for your patience and response. :geek:

OP
W

Wade007

Hi. New to the forum. Did a search for this but came up empty. Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm setting up a emulation cabinet at home using MALA for my frontend and an X-Arcade Tankstick as a controller (converts joystick and button movements to keyboard strokes)

Would like to include Demul 5.7 arcade games. **Only Atomiswave and Naomi based games. No Dreamcast games.

A few of questions please... The first is the most important.

Is there a way to make sure all Demul "arcade" games work consistently with the keyboard? I can get most of them to work fine by going to Configure Controllers/Arcade/Joystick 1, Joystick 2....and entering the keyboard controls, but I have to do it each time for each game. Global settings don't seem to work for all games. Very frustrating. Some games respond to "digital" directional input others "analog". Some don't work at all. Why is that? Demul seems to use only the last used settings entered. Again, how can I make all games work consistently using a keyboard?

Related question: Can Demul be set up to use a unique config file for each unique game so I don't have to configure each game individually over and over? How to save and load so I don't have to re-configure each game's controls anew after returning from playing a different one?

Some games don't seem to work? IE: 18 Wheeler won't turn in-game. Alien Front keeps turning right and won't stop (solution?).
Is there a list somewhere that clearly lists the issues with each game and which ones are still broken.

Minor concern:
Often after loading a Demul arcade game (**see above) the logo screen for Naomi and Atomiswave don't seem to clip out correctly. The background stays black instead of all white with jagged edges around the logo itself. Is this a video card issue, a setting issue or something else?

It seems most of the Naomi 2 games are very laggy. Is that because my CPU isn't fast enough or is it just an emulation issue not matter how fast the CPU? Any ideas on how to improve framerate given my specs?

System specs:
Win 7 64 bit
Geforce FX 570
Core 2 Duo 3.4 Ghz
4 Gigs DDR Ram

Sorry about all the Newbie questions. Thanks for your patience and response. :geek:

I figured out the minor issue of a black screen not getting clipped out of the logo screen. Uncheck Transform Z under Video settngs.

Anyone else have any ideas on the other items mentioned?

OP
W

Wade007

OK, I think I figured out all my concerns to the post above, but I can't post the solution here because of the forum rules. Not sure what forbidden words I'm using after having cut out all my links. It was quite the essay. Anyway maybe you can look for my post in the Mala forum at Arcade controls dot com.

This a tough forum to work with. :devil: