What's new

1964js ??

trogscave

Thanks for creating this.
I have been trying to duplicate your setup on my own server
and I can not get it to work. I copied the n64stars.zip file and placed
it in an unofficial_roms folder, and copied the 1964js.html to the root folder.

1964emu.emulation64.com/1964js.html?rom=unofficial_roms/n64stars.zip
I also copied over the JavaScript file into a js folder as shown:
js/1964js-0.0.3.min.js

In doing this, all I get is a black page with no activity.

Any help would be grateful.

OP
schibo

schibo

Emulator Developer
Hi trogscave,

http://1964emu.emulation64.com/js/lib/bitjs/unzip.js

depends on
http://1964emu.emulation64.com/js/lib/bitjs/archive.js
http://1964emu.emulation64.com/js/lib/bitjs/io.js

You'll need these 3 files as well in the js subdirectory shown.

The reason that this code didn't get compiled into the 1964js-0.0.3.min.js file is because the unzip library that I'm using uses web workers (which is a separate thread). Unfortunately, a web worker needs to be in its own js file.

Maybe I'll come up with something a bit more elegant or make some deployment notes. Please let me know if that works for you.

OP
schibo

schibo

Emulator Developer
It looks like the unzip utility is having a problem loading your version of the rom. Please use the n64stars.zip that's on 1964emu.emulation64.com. This unzip tool is flaky, which is why I made unofficial roms.

OP
schibo

schibo

Emulator Developer
Awesome. Yeah, maybe there's a better unzip library out there.. or this one needs some time to get better.

OP
schibo

schibo

Emulator Developer
Thanks. So much to do, but it's fun.

477018_4049912851660_878614709_o.jpg

Pip's World Game 1 by Mr. Pips (wireframe)

marioreincarnat

Wow very interested in this!

I'm pretty excited about html5 too... do you think you can get websockets working for multiplayer??

I'm a web developer so if there's anything I can help with let me know... actually I'm really interested in helping... I've been looking for a good excuse to learn more emu stuff, and I think this just might be it...

I'm going to go home and mess around with joy-to-key for these demos to see how it feels with a real n64 controller, then I'm going to check out the code.

(I don't know why I don't have an "e" at the end of my username... is there a username length limit or did I just mistype?)

OP
schibo

schibo

Emulator Developer
Hey marioeincarnate,

I guess usernames are truncated.

Yep. It seems you could do netplay seamlessly in a browser. The project is still early in dev, but if you're interested, you could actually already test websockets with the liner demo by modding pif.js. It may need a button array and logic to set which player is player 1, player 2 and so on, so player 1 doesn't control all active players. It'll be interesting to see how your n64 controller integration works too if you play around with it.

-schibo

OP
schibo

schibo

Emulator Developer
Haven't updated in a while.

Not much else to report.. just found some time this weekend to fix a few bugs and refactor some of the code.