What's new

1964 1.2(Unofficial) - Release Topic

death--droid

Just thought I would post a topic here for the latest version of the unofficial 1964 that i manage at code.google.com/p/emu-1964
Mind you must of the changes are other peoples work I've just maintained them into the the one repo since I'm not much of a programmer myself.
Yes i did have no idea what to write here at all, but another reason i decided to post here was to get more interest into development, and more bug reports or anything, as i said im not much of a programmer so any help would be greatly appreciated.

VERSION 1.2
  Spoiler:

Here is a summary of what has changed since i didnt really keep a clean change log, but you are however able to have a look yourself through
http://code.google.com/p/emu-1964/source/list from r107 backwards
1964 Core:
  • Remove uneeded sleeps
  • Clean up wingui code making it cleaner and hopefully work better
  • Remove uneeded plugin loading code
  • Add in RetroRalphs overclock ability
  • Remove Kailerra netplay, hopefully create our own in the future
  • Games that rely on using the time for night and day now work
1964 Input(N-rage's input plugin)
  • Modified the Xbox 360 controller code so it is more usable and you aren't forced to use the Xbox 360 controller for all players.
1964 Video(RiceVideo)
  • Cleaned up a lot of code
  • Remove all other combiners but the pixel shader for DirectX
  • Remove support for OpenGL, since it was starting to be heftly neglected within the source code and would be more beneficial if it was a seperate plugin like Rice Video Linux
  • Animated textures support
  • Loading background in games like Zelda Ocarina of time
Download Binary:
http://adf.ly/CMRNp

Source Code Licence:
GNU GPL v2 - http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.html

Source Code:
http://code.google.com/p/emu-1964/source/checkout

Tutorials:
Using Animated(alternate) textures - http://code.google.com/p/emu-1964/wiki/UsingAnimatedTextures

If you find any issues please post them at http://code.google.com/p/emu-1964/issues/list

Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
1964 Video question, how do you use Animated textures?

can you link/host a complete guide that deals with that issue?
so users may have a online guide to animated textures without having to read thru all the beta chatter topics to retrieve the info.

EDIT:
also where is the source and license?
just because everyone will be asking you for it and I wanted to be their collected voice before they start hounding you for it like they do everyone. :geek:

Last edited:

weinerschnitzel

Surreal64 Nut
Thanks deathdroid, I'll have to look through some of those changes. More so looking at the fixes to 1964video since you folks dropped DX8. I'm sure we could get a few more fixes on the XBox if we back ported the latest you have on Google Code.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

I'll write up a wiki entry on the google code project that explains how to use the animated textures feature(Which as I just remembered still needs a bit of cleaning up :\
Also i edited the main post with the information that your asking for about where the source code is located and the license that it is under.
@smcd, thanks for clearing that up for me.

@weinerschnitzel Besides the drop of DX8 i dont think theres been that much changes to the DirectX backend, at least as far as I can remember.

Added a wiki entry for the usage of alternate texture- http://code.google.com/p/emu-1964/wiki/UsingAnimatedTextures, Please note im terrible with explaining how to use stuff so if you find any faults, please do tell me.

Last edited:

The Siskoo

There is a problem with the language pack here the steps :

1) Launch 1964
2) File --> Language --> choose french or italian
3) At this moment, translations are messed.
4) File --> Language --> choose English.
5) Check the menu, it's messed.

Attachments

• 1964.png
    1964.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 3,296
OP
death--droid

death--droid

Thanks for the report, I forgot to check languages to make sure I hadn't broken it >.<

The Siskoo

No problem :)

Do you think it's possible to stretch the alternate titles (in the rom properties dialog) 80 Characters --> 100 Characters ?

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

I've made some progress on fixing up the language problem, It's almost pretty much all fixed back up.
Ahhh yeah it would be possible to do that, may i ask why?

The Siskoo

Here a ini file with some improvements (alternative title, added games). Death-droid, on the last part of the readme file (truncated names), you'll see games I can't rename (maximum characters is too small).

Attachments

• 1964 1.2 Unofficial Ini.zip
    49.4 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:

Martin

Administrator
Here a ini file with some improvements (alternative title, added games). Death-droid, on the last part of the readme file (truncated names), you'll see games I can't rename (maximum characters is too small).

Nice job The Siskoo :)

The Siskoo

Nice job The Siskoo :)

Hey, long time I didn't see you :)

Thanks for your words...

Here the new ini file. See readme file to see changes. Need time co complete and improve the ini file :)

Attachments

• 1964 1.2 Unofficial Ini - 02.29.12.zip
    50.7 KB · Views: 251

Clements

That's looking really good The Siskoo!

From my end, I managed to spot that Banjo-Kazooie (U) (V1.1) [!] was named Banjo-Kazooie (U) (v1.1) [!], and that Glover 2 (U) (Proto) does not have settings for it yet.

Keep up the great work everyone, it is great to see improvements to 1964. :)

The Siskoo

That's looking really good The Siskoo!

From my end, I managed to spot that Banjo-Kazooie (U) (V1.1) [!] was named Banjo-Kazooie (U) (v1.1) [!], and that Glover 2 (U) (Proto) does not have settings for it yet.

Keep up the great work everyone, it is great to see improvements to 1964. :)

Thanks Clements,

Nice catch for Banjo-Kazooie. Could you add the settings for Glover 2, because I don't have this game ?

Clements

These settings appear to work, based on the settings for the original Glover:

[B7F40BCF-553556A5-C:45]
Game Name=Glover2
Comments=Playable!
Alternate Title=Glover 2 (U) (Proto)
Check Self-modifying Code=8
Emulator=1
RDRAM Size=1
Max FPS=4
Save Type=6
TLB=1
EEPROM Size=2
Use Register Caching=0
FPU Hack=0
DMA=0
Link 4KB Blocks=0
Advanced Block Analysis=0
Assume 32bit=0
HLE=0
RSP_RDP_Timing=0
CFB_RW=0
NumberOfPlayers=1

The Siskoo

Thanks Clements. Coudl you test this rom_properties with glover ?

It's weird it seems 1964 1.2 r111 is unstable (this is the first release I tested). There are lot crashes with 1964.exe and 1964video N64 community plugin ? Am I alone ?

Attachments

• 1964_clements.zip
    43 KB · Views: 230
OP
death--droid

death--droid

All development on 1964 and 1964Video is going to grind to a halt for a bit, I'm starting back from the base source code for each of them and making sure that all improvements are thoroughly tested. Which in the end should result in a more stable and better emulator and plugin
EDIT: And to add to that, its also to fix up all the stupid mistakes I've made over the past few years with both 1964Video(RiceVideo) and 1964

Last edited: