What's new

Save States Not Loading

SG2Tiger

Hello, I've got some save states that were saved from another emulator (N64oid), but they should still be in the correct format to work with Mupen...that being, .st0, .st1, and so on. However, when I tell the emulator to 'Load As' and find the states, nothing happens, and my ROM is still on the title screen with nothing changed...is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm trying to load my save states of Ocarina of Time in Mupen64. Insight would be helpful, thanks. :)

R

raganinjo

Try to change name of savestate,maybe there is problem.
.st0,.st1 leave in name of course.

OP
S

SG2Tiger

I tried that, nothing changes. I have a ROM called Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time.n64 with savestates called Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.0) [!].sra and Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.0) [!].st0. The filenames don't match exactly, but A) this worked fine in my other emulator, and B) from what I understood it was okay as long as the 'good name' or 'internal name' was the same? I'm not entire clear on how the whole process works...but Mupen should still be able to load my .sra and .st0 files, and I'm not sure why it's not.

paulscode

I recall reading somewhere (on the SlideME market forums, I think) that Yongzh altered the save state format a bit from the standard, so save states between N64oid and Mupen64Plus are not compatible after a certain version of N64oid. As I remember, you can use pj64 save states still though. I don't own N64oid myself, so I haven't tried this or know how one would set it up (or even if this is true for that matter, but thought it would be worth mentioning).

OP
S

SG2Tiger

Dang, that's really bizarre. I figured for sure they would be compatible since the file formats are the same for both. :/ thanks for the information, though; I'll see if I can dig up anything further about it.

mmcluke

I´d like to my Shadows of the Empire save state from P64 in N64oid but it doesn´t seem to work. If anyone knows how to make it work or has a valid save state of this game it would be very appreciated if it was shared.:)