What's new

Is there a way to remove these graphics elements?

MittenFace

Hey!
I'm just wondering if there's maybe a video plugin out there with the option to remove all of the on-screen, GUI stuff? For example, this stuff:

thelegendofzelda62.jpg

So you'd have just all the pure 3D world, it wouldn't look like the screenshot of a game.

I've seen this done before on 2D games on a GBA emulator, by 'hiding' certain graphics layers.

Any help is greatly appreciated! :D

MittenFace

OP
M

MittenFace

Yeah totally. Not sure how difficult it would be though.

The reason I want to remove it, is because I'm trying to work out how to create equirectangular images (like here) of the worlds in N64 games. It seems perhaps quite difficult without some helpful tools.

Other uses for a GUI layer removal option?
Machinima?
Better screenshots?

zoinkity

The most likely method would be to clip anything within the nearest Z buffer levels, but you will invariably run into problems. should work with Zelda and the like. Otherwise, you'd be looking at per-game hacks.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Probably Cheat codes could work aswell. There are certain codes, that rearrange the elements on screen, so there should also be a way to hide them.

darklink99

Turn off Interface:
8015F9BF 0001 (0000 turns it on)

You have to have the debug version to use this code. I am sure someone around here could convert it for you if you don't have it or can't find it.

OP
M

MittenFace

Wow, that's super helpful. I really appreciate your help! Messing around with the debug version now, it's quite interesting actually! Test levels etc, I love this stuff. :D