What's new

Using 1964 + PJ64 and Windows 7 HP

lost_seraph

Hi I've been trying to use this plugin with Project 64. I downloaded a Zelda Majora's Mask texture and got it working except when the game starts (after the Dawn of the First Day thing) it says Project64.exe has stopped working. The Glide 64 plugin does work okay but there are some places where the frame rate drops significantly.

Here are my computer specs:
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Core i3 380m 2.53 GHz 4 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 420M
DirectX 11

Also I'm running it in compatability mode for Windows XP Service Pack 2.

Is there anything I can do?

totatola

Insane... I feel G O O D
I used to have a similar problem. Try doing this:

- Run Project 64 1.6;
- Go to Glide64 settings, go to the Texture enhancement tab, set the Hi-resolution textures format to Rice format, and turn "Use alpha channel fully" on (note: if you are using bludart's hi-res pack, you should turn off "Alternative CRC calculation", since some textures won't load if you don't);
- Load Majora's Mask rom;
- After the emulator finishes loading all the textures, go to "Configure Graphics Plugin..." (Note: You must have "Save texture cache to hard disk" turned on). It might take a while, so wait until you can access the Glide64 settings.

When you access Glide64 settings, a cache file is created. Just close the settings, and play the game normally. You will have to do the 4th procedure only once. Hope this helps :)

EDIT: Oops, seems like I misread your problem, sorry about the mistake. Anyway, Glide64 should work fine for you. It works fine for me, and I have a PC that is only slightly better then yours.

Last edited: