What's new

Announcement : wxMupen64Plus 0.1 Released

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
You beat me by a second marty. ;)
Wanted to post it, after posting it at AEP, but you was faster. :)

Last edited:

paulscode

Trouble compiling wxMupen64Plus on Ubuntu 10.04 and 10.10

I am having a little difficulty getting this to compile on Ubuntu (same problem on both 10.04 Lucid and 10.10 Maverick). I have built all the recommended prerequisites, but when running the "waf configure" command, I get the following error output:
Code:
paul@EeePC:~/bin/wxmupen64plus$ waf configure --mupenapi=/home/paul/bin/mupen64plus/source/mupen64plus-core/src/api
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/paul/bin/waf-1.6.0/waf", line 160, in <module>
    Scripting.waf_entry_point(cwd, VERSION, wafdir)
  File "/home/paul/bin/waf-1.6.0/.waf-1.6.0-93bc368dff1b16bb1e569af55991b73c/waflib/Scripting.py", line 74, in waf_entry_point
    parse_options()
  File "/home/paul/bin/waf-1.6.0/.waf-1.6.0-93bc368dff1b16bb1e569af55991b73c/waflib/Scripting.py", line 104, in parse_options
    opt=Options.OptionsContext().call_execute()
  File "/home/paul/bin/waf-1.6.0/.waf-1.6.0-93bc368dff1b16bb1e569af55991b73c/waflib/Context.py", line 74, in call_execute
    self.execute()
  File "/home/paul/bin/waf-1.6.0/.waf-1.6.0-93bc368dff1b16bb1e569af55991b73c/waflib/Options.py", line 126, in execute
    super(OptionsContext,self).execute()
  File "/home/paul/bin/waf-1.6.0/.waf-1.6.0-93bc368dff1b16bb1e569af55991b73c/waflib/Context.py", line 79, in execute
    self.recurse([os.path.dirname(g_module.root_path)])
  File "/home/paul/bin/waf-1.6.0/.waf-1.6.0-93bc368dff1b16bb1e569af55991b73c/waflib/Context.py", line 114, in recurse
    user_function(self)
  File "<string>", line 37, in options
AttributeError: 'OptionsContext' object has no attribute 'load'

Any thoughts? The only thing I can think of since the error occurs in a python source file, that perhaps there is a version problem. Note that in both Ubuntu 10.04 and 10.10, the default version of Python is stable release version 2.6. Development release version 2.7 can be installed (which I have done), but it gets installed next to 2.6 rather than replacing it (2.6 is required by the OS apparently). Anyway, would the wrong Python version produce this type of error message, or is my problem likely to be something else?

OP
A

Auria

paulscode, can you try waf 1.6.2 ?

(next time around, I will include waf in the source package)

MCP

Hi,

I quickly tried this, but I couldn't get it to recognize my Adaptoid when I was trying to edit the button layout under the input tab, input control 1. I tried messing around with the pull down menu device. It definitely works in mupen64 from speed of mac.

OS X 10.6, the new mac book pros (yes I just got it yesterday in the mail).

OP
A

Auria

Hi,

I quickly tried this, but I couldn't get it to recognize my Adaptoid when I was trying to edit the button layout under the input tab, input control 1. I tried messing around with the pull down menu device. It definitely works in mupen64 from speed of mac.

OS X 10.6, the new mac book pros (yes I just got it yesterday in the mail).

This is weird, the speedofmac build used autoconfigure I presume? Maybe autoconfigure doesn't work with my GUI, not sure

paulscode said:
Thanks, that did the trick. Nice work, BTW!

Nice, thanks :)

MCP

I had to open Project 64 in Wine in order to figure out which button number matches to which button because the default settings for an Adaptoid in mupen64 doesn't work for me, then I edited the text file in mupen64 through speed of mac, and now the adaptoid works correctly.

But when I opened your GUI, I was trying to use it to set each button but I couldn't get it to recognize any buttons.

paulscode

I have a button problem myself (could very well be a problem with the input plug-in not wxmupen64plus, I'll have to do more research. If so, I'll post this on a more appropriate thread). I was trying to get my Datel Retro Wireless Wiimote set-up, but for some reason I can set only one button at a time. For the first button, I click on one to set; it says "press a button"; I do; and the button gets set. However for the second button, again it says "press a button", but when I do nothing happens. This requires me to set one button at a time, close, and restart the program to set the next button. A bit tedious, but not a huge hassle unless I were to switch out joysticks a lot. Once I'm in the game, the buttons work fine once set.

Additionally, I have an axis problem. I can only use Axes' 0 and 1 from the input set-up (and same as the buttons, I can only set one at a time, then have to restart the program). Axes' 2, 3, 4, and 5 do not work at all. In the game itself, none of the axes' work at all (including 0 and 1, despite their working from the input set-up). I also checked to make sure it isn't a hardware problem with the joystick - I can use all the buttons and axes' fine from jscal.

When I get a chance, I will try some different joysticks, and I'll also try linking this one to mupen64plus without your front-end. That should hopefully rule out your program as a cause of the problems, and should reveal if it is just this joystick, or possibly something in my system that could be causing the odd behavior.

OP
A

Auria

paulscode, this is a bit surprising. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce this issue here so it will be difficult for me to investigate it :(

MCP, same thing; I am using SDL in the frontend, just like mupen64plus does, so theorically I should be able to detect all button and axis presses that SDL can detect. Since I do not have your issue here it will be difficult for me to investigate