What's new

configure controls???

notsally

Hi, Ive read the instructions that come with chancast, and Ive read the FAQ.
Problem is, that according to the instructions I should be able to configure controls, when I go to options -> configure controls, but nothing happens when I click there.

When I try to open a game, I just see the DC logo come, and then a CD spinning, and a play/pause, frwrd, rwnd buttons, but no keys do anything and I cant click the buttons either.

So it seems I really need to configure the controls, but as said, it wont let me do that.

What is wrong? I do have the bios, and the daemon tools that were needed... and a game/image loaded in a drive... Everything should be ok...

Would apreciate help. Thank you!

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Make sure that you have i.e. ElSemi's controller plugin as the active controller plugin, then try again.

OP
N

notsally

Thank you Agozer, that worked! Now the controls work fine.
Still, I have tried two games, both of which are in the list of games that should work.
Still neither work when I try to play them. One opens as a CD right away, the other just says there is no game disk. When I mount ikaruga in the daemon tools, it wants to open it as a folder, instead of mounting it...

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Chankast has loads of issues, many which can't be fixed and many manifest themselves just because Chankast feels like doing so and doesn't do its job properly.

You should try nullDC or Demul, seeing how they are far better than Chankast and can works with disc images as is. Sure, if you have bad disc images, not even nullDC nor Demul can make them work.