Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    3 more problems. but only when I check
    "Load hi-res textures if available" & "Cache hi-res tectures"
    [IMG]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh253/direct_connection/1964video_****up_2.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh253/direct_connection/1964video_****up_4.jpg[/IMG]
    and this funny one. My card does have pixel shader.
    http://ati.amd.com/products/mobility...600/specs.html
    [IMG]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh253/direct_connection/1964video_****up_3.jpg[/IMG]
    ASUS P5Q TURBO INTEL P45 INTEL SOCKET LGA 775 motherboard..
    Intel Core 2 Duo processor.. RADEON HD 4650.. 16GB memory

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiack View Post
    I use the latest version of this:

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=45875

And come to think of it, 1.1 GB is absolutely insane. O.o The emulator should use ~5-50 MB itself, the ROM 32 MB, and the texture pack is 692 MB. Even though that ~750 MB of usage is still pretty high for an emulator, it's still below the projected 1.1 GB.
    I was able to recreate this problem. So far I have no clue as the code seems to be correct. Maybe it's a restriction of the amount of memory windows assigns to the process. (Like the heap space assignment in Java...)

Does anyone skilled in C++ know something about such restrictions?

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Maniac View Post
    HOLY CRAP I GOT IT TO WORK!

What I did was go to the older version of the plugin, that is Aristotle's Mudlord & Rice Video. That didn't work - it said I was missing msvcrtd.dll, so I checked the post again. It said I needed Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 so I got that, but it still said the DLL was missing. So I got the DLL and even though I wasn't getting the error anymore, the plugin wasn't listed... HOWEVER, 1964video WAS listed!

So it looks like you need Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 and/or msvcrtd.dll to use this plugin. You might want to mention that in the OP. ;P
    Great! I'll do but please give me some background information: What did you do to cause the error? Did you as well change from DirectX10 to DirectX11? Under which DirectX version did it run without this library?

Quote Originally Posted by GEROSENE View Post
    3 more problems. but only when I check
    "Load hi-res textures if available" & "Cache hi-res tectures"
    Well, I can't read anything on your screenshots. Could you please cut out the interesting parts and repost them a little bit larger? No need for the desktop.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    first one says:

"Could not find any compatible Direct3D devices"

second one says:

"CN64System::LoadFileImage - Exception caught

third one says:

"Video card does not support pixel shader, will use BEST_FIT

*EDIT*
    tried it with Rice 6.1.4 ~ works fine with hires_textures
    tried it with Jabo Direct3D8 ~ works fine with texture_load
    tried it again with yours and same messages.

just to confirm i have:

~ Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit
    ~ DirectX 11
    ~ Microsoft .NET framework 4 Extended
    ~ Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 service pack 2
    ~ Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 ATL Update
    ~ Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 beta 2 x86

the rest in my sig. thanks for looking into this.

**EDIT**
    just tried it with the cache left unchecked.. works fine. at least i narrowed it down.
    Last edited by GEROSENE; November 25th, 2009 at 01:02.

• Advertising

advertising
      EmuTalk.net
      has no influence
      on the ads that
      are displayed

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    first one says:

"Could not find any compatible Direct3D devices"

second one says:

"CN64System::LoadFileImage - Exception caught

third one says:

"Video card does not support pixel shader, will use BEST_FIT

*EDIT*
    tried it with Rice 6.1.4 ~ works fine with hires_textures
    tried it with Jabo Direct3D8 ~ works fine with texture_load
    tried it again with yours and same messages.

just to confirm i have:

~ Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit
    ~ DirectX 11
    ~ Microsoft .NET framework 4 Extended
    ~ Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 service pack 2
    ~ Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 ATL Update
    ~ Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 beta 2 x86

the rest in my sig. thanks for looking into this.

**EDIT**
    just tried it with the cache left unchecked.. works fine. at least i narrowed it down.
    Thanks for the info. The reason for the crash is the same as for the other members that have posted above:

Windows assigns a max of 1GB of heap space to each process. As caching your texture pack requires more than that, the plugin is unable to allocate memory for the textures & crashes. So, for the time being it will just work for packs that require less than 1GB.

I'm sure, it is somehow possible to increase the amount of assigned heap space and also to make the caching more efficient through texture compressing. But as stated in the first post, texture caching is so far just in an experimental state. Personally, I like to concentrate on learning about the usage of the DirectX API atm as I have not yet really worked with it. Thus, improving the caching has low priority to me for now.

But of course, if someone else likes to work on it in the meantime, I would be more than happy.
    Last edited by microdev; November 26th, 2009 at 02:22.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ** THE FIX **

1.Open System by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking System.

2.In the left pane, click Advanced system settings. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

3.On the Advanced tab, under Performance, click Settings.

4.Click the Advanced tab, and then, under Virtual memory, click Change.

5.Clear the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives check box.

6.Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file you want to change.

7.Click Custom size, type a new size in megabytes in the Initial size (MB) or Maximum size (MB) box, click Set, and then click OK.

custom sizes should be the size of the Currently allocated memory at the bottom.
    hit ok and your done. works like a charm if you have more the 2GB memory.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hi,

i'm facing an issue when trying to compile the plugin

it's explained here , could you please help me to solve it!

thanks a lot

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ** THE FIX **

1.Open System by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking System.

2.In the left pane, click Advanced system settings. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

3.On the Advanced tab, under Performance, click Settings.

4.Click the Advanced tab, and then, under Virtual memory, click Change.

5.Clear the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives check box.

6.Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file you want to change.

7.Click Custom size, type a new size in megabytes in the Initial size (MB) or Maximum size (MB) box, click Set, and then click OK.

custom sizes should be the size of the Currently allocated memory at the bottom.
    hit ok and your done. works like a charm if you have more the 2GB memory.
    Yes, this is a workaround - good find! But I'm looking for a solution that solves the issue programmatically - either by configuring VC++ or by changing the heap size through code in the plugin.

Quote Originally Posted by calvino View Post
    Hi, everyone

i'm actually working on slight improvements of rice plugin that i'll share with people who are interested in those as soon as possible, but i'm confronted to a problem which drives me insane when i try to link the project:

these errors seems to suggest that BMGLib.lib isn't provided to the linker but when i check the list of libs provided, BMGLib.lib appears in the list.. i just can't see what is wrong here

i checked on google for someone with a similar issue but all i got was:

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=46949&page=7 (first post)

where the poster states further in the post that his "solution" for that issue was to remove every call statements to those methods

can anyone save my day and point me to any workaround to get that working?

thanks a lot!
    You are right, the error means that the linker is unable to find BMGlib.lib.

I'm not sure, what you mean with "the list of libs provided". Did you add the path to BMGlib.lib under options/VC++-directories/library-files? If yes, does BMGlib.lib exist under the provided path?

The path should be <your path to the source code>\1964Video\lib

For contributing your changes to the svn, please PM me the email-address you are using for google code.

microdev
    Last edited by microdev; November 26th, 2009 at 02:19.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ok i reimported the project from the svn, and everything works fine now, thanks microdev for your help

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by calvino View Post
    ok i reimported the project from the svn, and everything works fine now, thanks microdev for your help
    Great. Concerning you other issue with SM sky: SM definately uses a skybox, which means the sky consists of tiles and should be dumped. But: I might be that it uses a dynamic palette for the blue, which would mean that the color is altered by the game.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by microdev View Post
    Great. Concerning you other issue with SM sky: SM definately uses a skybox, which means the sky consists of tiles and should be dumped. But: I might be that it uses a dynamic palette for the blue, which would mean that the color is altered by the game.
    it's not super mario, but mario kart that i'm retexturing, i don't know if there is a difference, but i never found any texture that could match the sky, nor did i ever see a mario kart sky hack!

by the way, i was wondering where did the tons of options of former rice video plugin went, in the 1964 video plugin i got from the SVN? isn't 1964 video plugin supposed to be an evolution of rice plugin?

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast