What's new

1964Video - official DevTalk & Release thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBtheMASTER

So are there any plans right now to add widescreen support to the plugin? Let me show you what I mean.

Here is a screenshot taken with an older version of this plugin (mudlord's). You can see that the display ratio here 4:3, the same ratio as old televisions and monitors: http://i49.tinypic.com/2dl23cx.png

...and here is the same scene using Jabo's Direct3D (the latest version that comes with 1.6, not the 1.7 version): http://i45.tinypic.com/35lhm68.png

People have been asking about this for awhile. I figured I'd poke you guys about it again.

I've been wondering about this as well. It's pretty much the only thing keeping me from using this plugin.

death--droid

The only way I see it being added is if Microdev ends up having the time to add it since my C++ skills are very shitty.

Fak

Is there any way to use color indexed hi-res textures with custom palette?

If no, I see that when you use an RGBA texture for an original ci one, the file name has a CRC for the texture and for the palette itself, so as to use that file only when that specific texture comes with that specific palette. Would it be possible to provide a palette file with the same CRCs so that it this palette would be used when that CRC original texture is draw with that CRC specific palette?

OP
M

microdev

maybe we should get some help backporting the alternate crc / tmem fix from glidehq to ricevideo. should fix all this rom version requirement right up.

Fixing the TMEM-issue is not the issue - it's just changing an IF statement.

The actual issue is the effect, it will cause:
Any wrongly dumped and hiresed textures won't load anymore.

That has to be addressed.

Thus when loading one of the affected 4bit textures (in pseudo code):
Code:
palCRC = calculate(the correct CRC for the palette);
pHiresTex = getHiresTextureFor(palCRC);
If (no texture corresponding to this CRC value can be found){ 
 invPalCRC = calculate(invalid palette-CRC(like rice does it now));
 pHiresTex = getHiresTextureFor(invPalCRC);
 renameHiresTextureFile(invPalCRC, palCRC);
 textureStruct.palCRC = palCRC;
}

What I want to say with this pseudo code is that you first have to check for a hires-texture with the correct palette CRC. If such a texture couldn't be found, you should calculate the incorrect palette CRC and check with that for the texture.
If the texture is found now, it can be loaded. But the CRC value should also be corrected to the right one and the texture file(s) should be renamed accordingly.

That way, the TMEM issue is fixed, the plugin remains compatible to invalid texture packs and even corrects them.

@DD: Concerning r75:
If the alternative texture counter can be different from 0 and the alternative texture can be null at the same time, the origin of your problem seems to be located in the loading code of the alternative textures. The place, you applied the fix reflects the symptoms.

KrazyTrumpeter

r75 still fails to start up. I get error messages about directx not being able to initialize and all that junk. Win 7 x64, latest directx, latest drivers for my 9800 GTX+

I still can't use anything higher than r35

OP
M

microdev

hence why glide64 makes the alternate crc an option and not a hard coded setting.

At least try to understand my post before you respond anything. :doh:

The post was not about hard coded contra option. This is NOT an option.

For mixed packages which were partially dumped with full TMEM emulation on and off, this option bring nothing.

This post was about how to solve the issue and correct "corrupt" packs at the same time.

microdev

Kreationz

Emulator Developer
Regression in R76

So, as part of bringing Daedalus back to the PC, I built the latest 1964Video plug-in, but to my surprise I got some unusual graphics glitches using it with Daedalus... so I tried it on 1964 1.1 Release and got the same thing... So I went and built R75 and it's a regression.

351trnd.png

As you can see half the polys are missing (or at least reversed if being rendered 1-sided). Anyone seen this issue before?

Note: Mario 64 was fine. It only happens in some titles (Known to happen in OoT and SSB at least.)

Additional System info:
Windows Vista Home premium
DirectX 10
1964Video Rev 76
Intel Graphics

OP
M

microdev

Hi Kreazions,

nice work you are doing over there.

Yes, the later revisions seem to be quite unstable given the feedback by the users.
If you want to port something back to this plugin, I would recommend you to use r46 as a basis. This was the last revision, I was involved in. I don't know anything about the later ones.

I also intended to use the latest version of the Mudlord code and add my changes to this one, as I know it was stable & had support for directX9, which is needed for custom shader support. But so far I didn't find any time to come back to that & I don't know, when this will be the case...

So another alternative would also be to use the Mudlord code instead but if you opt for that, please ensure, you use the latest version of his code. I could than contribute my changes to your base later on.

Kreationz

Emulator Developer
Nothing planned to be added ATM, but maybe once I'm finish with my current Daedalus work. I know a few things we do faster/better than the latest code. R75 is actually fairly stable from what I've seen so far. I will continue to report bugs along the way though.

P.S. When done with merging DX64 back with the original Daedalus it will also be returning to active development on the PC as well as the PSP.

HellRazor

Please consider giving Road Rash 64 a little bit of attention. Game graphics are not aligned (Fonts, Main Menu, Skybox) with 1964Video, but now sound works pretty well (after years of wrong emulation). This Game have more bugs, but nothing annoying like this. Hope you guys find the way, i'm counting on you :party:

death--droid

r76 was a failure on my part, I hadnt touched the code since i commited that or even touched Project64, It should be fixed now... I just revereted the dodgy code(For some odd reason the tri's werent adding properly, most likely my lack of programming skills lead to it being dodgy xD) rather then fixing it.
I've being out of it lately, life just hasnt being going to well, Ill hopefully try and fix things up any bugs as soon as i can, and as soon as my knowledge is improved a bit.

If anyone finds bugs please just post them here...
First things first is fixing up the 'alternate' texture code..
Oh yeah btw Microdev, where i applied the fix for the animated textures with the 'count' going spastic. I went through and checked everything, and it only seems to go like that when it gets to there. Its really got me confused.. Its probably something really simple

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
I still wonder, how 1964video is capable on loading high resolution images compared to Rice 6.11, Mudlords Rice Video and Aristoles Video?
Are there already all features ported? It would be great to see the first thread updated.

OP
M

microdev

All features that were supported by the latested release from Rice and also the fixes from Mudlord are supported by 1964Video as it is based on the latest Mudlord code (v6.14). Furthermore, it includes the fixes that have been applied to the linux version by the Mupen team, arbitrary texture size (as long as power of two), advanced caching, and the support of animated textures. Certain issues like the CRC-slowdown bug have been fixed as well.

I'm sure, I missed some features but Death--Druid will probably complete the list, when he recognizes your post.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Nice one, so this plugin should be the new main plugin for texture replacement side by side with Glide64.
If someone could create a nice thread, with explanations about the plugin, its texture replacement features and other stuff, I would like to sticky it in the N64 High Resolution Textures: Tutorials, Questions and General Talk part of the board instead of using the old, outdated Beta version 6.1.1 beta10 at the top.
I could create a link to this place instead, too, but then the dev talk would mix with retexture talk and I don't think that it would be any good.

EDIT: where to put error reports? To googlecode or can we also discuss it here?
I tried a texture pack I created in 2008 to error check it with the newest plugin/emulator builds available and a error is always appearing "g_pRender is NULL" (on SVN build R90). If you need more information or the texture pack, just tell me. Tell me also if I should post it on googlecode bugtracker instead.

Last edited:

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
Hi all , i have a request.

I work on a new Pack for majora's mask , but in gerudo fortress , the texture doesn't load correctly. I would like to know if this can be possible to fix the Rice plugin hires load error for some texture ? majora's mask have the problem , i think other game can have this problem too. I know that it's a personal request but i really want to have a full pack totally compatible with rice . I have test Glide 64 and glide load the texture but don't load it correctly (too big) i don't know why.

OP
M

microdev

Hi all , i have a request.

I work on a new Pack for majora's mask , but in gerudo fortress , the texture doesn't load correctly. I would like to know if this can be possible to fix the Rice plugin hires load error for some texture ?

Could you please provide the following things:

1. The version of the rice plugin that you are currently using
2. A screenshot that shows the error
3. A savestate of a location where the error occurs
4. A hires texture that is not correctly loaded at this location

I unfortunately have very view spare time but as soon as I find a slot, I will have a look at that and do my best to find a solution for your issue.

cheers,

microdev

OP
M

microdev

Nice one, so this plugin should be the new main plugin for texture replacement side by side with Glide64.
If someone could create a nice thread, with explanations about the plugin, its texture replacement features and other stuff, I would like to sticky it in the N64 High Resolution Textures: Tutorials, Questions and General Talk part of the board instead of using the old, outdated Beta version 6.1.1 beta10 at the top.
I could create a link to this place instead, too, but then the dev talk would mix with retexture talk and I don't think that it would be any good.
good idea. I hope anybody feels responsible of creating such a description as you are right, it is more than about time for that. If I find a time slot, I will do it if nobody felt like doing so itm.

EDIT: where to put error reports? To googlecode or can we also discuss it here?
I tried a texture pack I created in 2008 to error check it with the newest plugin/emulator builds available and a error is always appearing "g_pRender is NULL" (on SVN build R90). If you need more information or the texture pack, just tell me. Tell me also if I should post it on googlecode bugtracker instead.
You can also discuss it here. But unfortunately the activity seems to have ceased a little bit recently.

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
Really thanks microdev . here's the problem :

15zij4h.png

in this screen all texture are done but some texture doesn't load at all.

I use 1964 vidéo N64 plugin (r75)

For the save and the hires texture i send it to you in MP^^

Thanks for solving my problem. i think you are the person who can help me.

Edit : i have test with R90 and there is the same problem

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.