What's new

problems running .cdi

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Use the xxx CD-ROM plugin. The ASPI plugin doesn't work as is in Winodws 2000/XP/Vista, etc. because they don't have ASPI drivers. Sure, you can install ASPI drivers from Adaptec's site, but why bother when there's another option?

OP
N

notedworthy

ok now its working but how do i get chank to read a .cds, .nrg or a .mdf, not sure how to load them up, i have a couple of them i tried double clicking and opening them with chank but that doesnt work. also tried to mount them and i looked at the drive setting too

Agozer

Chankast doesn't work with disc images directly (so stop trying to associate them with Chankast or double-clicking them- the leads you nowhere). You need to use virtual drive software like Daemon Tools and mount the game image with it; thenyou can use it in Chankast.

Then again, nothing should prevent you from trying other [far better] emulators like Demul or nullDC, as those can work with disc images as is (still, don't go trying to associate disc images with those applications or trying to double-click the images because that's not how you go about things).

OP
N

notedworthy

true null works fine for me but whenever i try to play sonic adventure two with the nullpvr and the chankast plugin for video, i get some weird graphics problem, kinda especially on angles it shows a unfolded pyramid or three triangles. heres a picture i doubt theres anything i can do about it http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/2720/sonicy.png

Agozer

Those kind of graphics problems are usually the result of having a subpar graphics card/chip (most notoriously, anything made by Intel). If this is the case, you can stop trying to get any Dreamcast emulator working properly.

If this is not the case, update your graphics card drivers.