What's new

Project 64 Analog controll help?

Matto128

Hi, I like to play my Nintendo 64 games on my Emulator project 64.

However, I find that using the analog stick can be very difficult with my cordless Logitech rumblepad 2 and i know that the analog sticks on the controller are fine after testing them.

My Problem is, Project 64 does not have a setting that allows you to move the analog stick slighty and get a responce. E.g I want Mario to WALK but he cant, i have to move the stick all the way forward, then he will start running.

Also in aiming in Zelda with arrows, i cant make fine movements to make the hit. instead i gotta move fast and this can be almost impossible to hit.

I know that there is like an "Analog sensitivity setting" to make it so you can make fine movements, but that just made Mario walk when you push all the way forward, or run and walk while swapping randomly.

I am not using the right analog stick at all. im using the d-pad for the C buttons and im using the left analog stick for moving, aiming, getting around menus, etc.

PLZ tell me if there is a way to Controll this on project 64 (btw i have version 1.6) or any other way, possibly using a differnent program maybe?

Allnatural

Two possibilities:

- The analog stick needs to be calibrated (in the windows control panel)

- The stick is set to digital mode (some pads allow you to swap the function of the stick and the d-pad)

OP
M

Matto128

Nrage

umm well yeah i downloaded it and i got the plug-in all good. but now
when i try to set my controller buttons, it doesent respond at all with none of the buttons.

OP
M

Matto128

ooo... a clue.. i started Zelda and it says that there is no controller plugged in but when i go to the control, it says its plugged WTF?? but i havent assigned any buttons yet cuz i cant do it on the gamepad for some reason.. it wont respond

OP
M

Matto128

ok another update.. i went to the manual FAQ it it says my controller must not be plugged in.. but it is!! well.. wirelessly but i can pick up a signal. Just recently i uninstalled the logitech profiler because someone on this form told me to cuz its lame. However, i have visual boy advance and i tried the controller on that it it responded fine. im confused...

OP
M

Matto128

Yay

YAY!! i got it working!! i just forgot to go to divices and select the controller lol. BUT OMG this new controller thing is amazing!! i can Properly aim now!! WOO!!
THX alot u guys been a BIG help. :D :D