What's new

Rip audio from N64 roms?

foogy

I have a project that I would like to do and I was wondering if it is possible to dump the audio from N64 roms?

The game I was wanting the audio from is Conker's Bad Fur Day.

The project is going to remix Conker: Live and Reload for the Xbox to remove/replace the censored dialogue, or at least as much as I could, by editing the N64 tracks into the Xbox tracks.

kyopaul

If the game use n64 tools to make musics, if the game use default nusys to run musics and changed nothing, it is possible to hack them out.

jdsony

Conker will likely be an issue as will a lot of games. There haven't been any new tools in years. I think srip 0.2 was the latest version of the sound ripper. It works easily on some games, involves some guess work with some, and doesn't work on a bunch of others especially the later games. I don't remember if I tried Conker but it worked on Banjo Kazooie, Mario 64, and a bunch of others. Conker uses compressed audio for the voices so if it worked at all on that game it would likely only rip the samples that make up the music tracks as well as the sound fx (unless those too use the same compression but I doubt they would waste the CPU time decompressing those too).

zoinkity

It won't work with Conker, outside of some sound effects and maybe a few voice samples. The music itself is mp3 compressed using Rare's non-stock header format, although a slightly different non-stock header than Perfect Dark. Besides, even in their "Nintendo" music library games, they still compressed the samples using zlib.
Wasn't there a NSF made from it though? That would be the easiest thing, honestly.