What's new

Super Smash Bros stretched out of proportion

!REVENGE!

Oh man, having ditched SSB for a month and coming back to find it stretched as wide as the goatse man's anus :(

I have a 1440x900 screen and before I played SSB with no problems, as it was enveloped (if thats the term) on fullscreen, so the real size was something like 1280x900. Now, it's stretched to completely fill the screen and it's really annoying. I have to constantly move my head side to side like a retard to keep with the gameplay. The most relevant thing I can remember that may be related to the cause is that I've messed around with NVIDIA settings a couple weeks ago to fix an issue with 4:3 PC game would sretch to fill screen and looked ugly as fuck, but didn't succeed and now SSB is screwed up, how ironic! I tried resetting to default in the NVIDIA control panel but still no luck. Is this a MUPEN config issue? I remember Zelda would always stretch to fill the whole screen but it was never a problem (I dont think Zelda stretches the pixels but takes advantage of the bigger screen to display more graphics from the sides.)

Suggestions welcome and appreciated, thanks.

EDIT: Never mind I found the problem. I had my monitor refresh rate set to 60 in the past, as I did with MUPEN, and 75 was the default rate for my monitor which explains why resetting to default did nothing. I changed the MUPEN video settings to 1440x900 32-bit 75hz now and everything's cool. However, I don't see how the hell this was causing my issue, meh.

Last edited:

X-Fi6

I lol'd @ the goatse reference and "I have to constantly move my head side to side like a retard to keep with the gameplay" =]

Pyromanik

Oh man, having ditched SSB for a month and coming back to find it stretched as wide as the goatse man's anus :(

I have a 1440x900 screen and before I played SSB with no problems, as it was enveloped (if thats the term) on fullscreen, so the real size was something like 1280x900. Now, it's stretched to completely fill the screen and it's really annoying. I have to constantly move my head side to side like a retard to keep with the gameplay. The most relevant thing I can remember that may be related to the cause is that I've messed around with NVIDIA settings a couple weeks ago to fix an issue with 4:3 PC game would sretch to fill screen and looked ugly as fuck, but didn't succeed and now SSB is screwed up, how ironic! I tried resetting to default in the NVIDIA control panel but still no luck. Is this a MUPEN config issue? I remember Zelda would always stretch to fill the whole screen but it was never a problem (I dont think Zelda stretches the pixels but takes advantage of the bigger screen to display more graphics from the sides.)

Suggestions welcome and appreciated, thanks.

EDIT: Never mind I found the problem. I had my monitor refresh rate set to 60 in the past, as I did with MUPEN, and 75 was the default rate for my monitor which explains why resetting to default did nothing. I changed the MUPEN video settings to 1440x900 32-bit 75hz now and everything's cool. However, I don't see how the hell this was causing my issue, meh.

That's great, and kudos to you for actually posting the answer unlike so many who go "oh i fixed it" and never say how.

However;
This is the Project64 Forum, not the Mupen64 one.