What's new

Would these specs be able to handle Project64?

Clements

I have a netbook (Samsung NC10) with similar specs as that box, and N64 emulation works okay, especially with the right plugin setup. Make sure you have all the power management stuff disabled if you have any enabled, and try using Jabo's D3D6 as suggested before.

OP
C

crimsonnight

Hi, sorry for the delayed reply - thanks everyone for all ur advice!

Sorry about the confusion with frames per second, i have noticed that the newest version of project64 has renamed it to v/i

I've been fiddling around with different emulators, and the one that seems to be able to run mario 64 at full speed is 1964 - there seem to be some graphical issues though, i think it's something to do with transparencies or something as some textures seem to be flickering and not displaying properly, anyone got any idea on how to fix this?

someone suggested UltraHLE - i tried that but it said i needed 'glide2x.gll' so i downlaoded it, but now when i open it nothing at all happens?

Pyromanik

No, that's not a good idea. *HLE projects are extremely old and outdated. It's not recommended to try anymore.

Plugins are interchangable between most emulators, so feel free to experiment with ones you already know work well (such as Jabo's).
1964 is getting a bit aged now, so it may be a factor that the graphical issues are what is actually providing your extra performance.
However it's still a very good emulator.

As suggested before, Rice is a good video plugin, as is GLN64.
As for sound: Azimer's is a very good option.
As is his emulator, Apollo (if you havn't tried it already). However with this one you will need to use either Schibo's audio plugin or Azimer's, as the emulator itself does not support sound decoding internally.

Last edited:
OP
C

crimsonnight

ty again pyro ^^

i tried apollo, but none of the video plugins are giving me a solid result, i have tried GLN64 with various different emulators and it seems to have graphical issues and causes quite a bit of slow-down... azimer's sound plugin seems to be pretty good though

so atm the 1964 set-up still seems to be best, is there any options i can select under the settings menu to sort out the grapical errors i am experiencing with it?

are there any low-spec audio/visual plugins out there which may be better for me to use?

ty again ^^

Pyromanik

I'm not too big on video plugins.
I tend to stick to Rice because it works the best for me.

Besides in PJ64 of course, then I use Jabo's.

Sorry I can't be of much help there :/

Just play around disabling more 'advanced ' features, like antistropic filtering, if the plugin has any... also things like playing in a smaller resolution may help. Other than that, it's pretty much testing until you find the one that works best (which also includes older versions of the same plugin sometimes).

Last edited: