What's new

Best Sound and Video Plugins for Project64

DIYROMArcade

Video Game Addict
Hey all, I am working on building my own Arcade Machine that I am going to run a lot of different Emulators on. I have decided to go with Project64 for my Nintendo 64 Emulator because it seems to be the best N64 Emu our there.

The first time I tested it out I got so side tracked playing Zelda - The Ocarina of Time, that I spent about 4 hours playing and realized just how good Project64 is. The thing I am most impressed with is the fact that it utilizes different Audio and Video plugins. I haven’t messed around with this part much but I was wondering what plugins people use to get the best performance / experience from using Project64?

If someone can recommend a good selection of different plugins to test out or even mention which ones they think are the best I would appreciate it. I am working on a future article for my site, and would appreciate any feedback you can provide.

PGUK

I would recommend trying these graphics plugins Jabo's Direct3D, Glide64, Z64 LLE (need very fast PC), Aristotle's modified Rice's Video, Rice's Video.

Personal preference is Glide64 Napalm with PJ64 1.6.

lfc4eva

How do I use the Glide64 for my plugin because I downloaded it, transferred it to my Plugins folder and its not there.

OP
D

DIYROMArcade

Video Game Addict
Hey man, thanks for the recommendations. I will be trying out the ones you mentioned and have added them to my notes.

Have you found that Project64 is pretty accurate for the audio emulation. I have used other emulators that drove me nuts because on some games the audio was fine and on others it would completely crash out. It sucks when you are in the middle of a great game, and you come across that.

PGUK

Never really had a problem with sound apart from on old slow computers. The requirements vary massively depending on what game you wish to play and what plugins your using.