What's new

[Help] Is there a fix I'm missing?

Pyron92

I recently downloaded a rom for Majora's mask and as soon as I started playing I noticed the opening movie with the mask flying at you with the salesman didn't show. I blew it off thinking it wasn't anything big until another point in the game where you're going along its black again and you can see nothing. You hear Link but dont see anything. Another time was at the end (I used the cheats in the P64 menu and flew into the door) where the moon sucks you up and you are suppost to end up in a big peaceful looking field. Well, all I got once again was a big blank screen.

Anyone know if its a setting or something to fix this? I've tried other roms, yes. I've had the same problem on all of them. Thanks for reading.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
1. Don't use cheats. They can mess up your game in more ways than one. At least, don't save when cheats are enabled.
2. Your computer specs please. If your video hardware is below minimum requirements, some effects can be missing (like the spinning mask with motion blur).
3. Are you using the default plugins?

OP
P

Pyron92

I doubt its my computer due to the facts that those blank screens work with a different rom in the .v64 format (But I can't use it cause everything is darkened and textures go through each other) and I run windows vista with 2GB RAM and a Geforce 8400 GS video card, which should be more then enough for a simple N64 game :/

As I stated before though, it seems that everything works (all but the texture problem) on .v64 formats and I get great textures on .z64 formats but my action screens/parts of the game are blank. What gives?

PGUK

That is very strange I would have thought the format of the ROM should make no difference as the end data is the same.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
It shouldn't make any different emulation-wise. The only real difference between the two is that one is big-endian and the other is little-endian. These matter when actual copiers work with the ROM (or rather, the dump output from a copier to a file).