What's new

Ocarina of Time Problem, HELP PLIZ! T.T

Kyuubify

Screaming Zombie
Okay, last time it was enough to change the ROM, but now ive tried 3 ROM's and no luck, when i kill the first FloorMaster in the Forest Temple, just when it becomes 3 little FloorMasters, as i try to catch them the game crashes with this message:

Unhandled R4300i OpCode at: 801F3D38
Unknown 05 05 38 94

Stopping Emulation !

It's slightly different flom last problem, as I said I tried 3 ROM's, all of them were the same version(V1.2) and same region, i don't know what to do T.T

Specifications are: (sry for my noobness LOL)
Video Card: Intel(R) Etreme Gaphics 2, meaning a lousy 96 MB card, it also says Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller.
On a 130 GB Extra Hard Drive
DirectX 9.0c
Operating System: Windows XP Proffessional

I'm also using the Super2xSal option on graphics options
Oh and my plugins are:

Video(graphics) plugin:
Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6

Audio(sound) plugin:
Jabo's DorectSound 1.6

Input(controller) plugin:
Jabo's DirectInput7 1.6

As I said before the game is: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time(as you should know by now lol) V1.2

And the emulator is: Project 64 1.6(DUH XD)

hope someone has the answers T.T...

Edit(02.08.09 or in Israel 08.02.09, February 8th 2009)

but ive found another rom and ive got through it but now ANY rom i try crashes when i get to a flaming skull monster with this message:

Unhandled R4300i OpCode at: 801F3EF8
Unknown 05 86 00 6C

Stopping Emulation !

Last edited:

Allnatural

Are you sure the rom is actually *good*. Scanned with GoodN64 there should be a (!) in the filename.

Assuming the rom is good and the crash occurs at the same place (and you're not using cheats), temporarily setting the self-modifying code to "protect memory" may get you through the trouble spot.

Last edited:

dragonflame2239

If you need help finding that... Options-> Settings-> Advance-> "Self Mod Code Method" from "Check Memory Advance" to "Protect Memory".

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Using cheats can cause lots of game-breaking problems. You've been owned. For some reason, N64 emulator are especially susceptible tot the kind of errors thanks to using cheats. Errors range from emulator errors like the one your having, to games starting to behave erratically (crucial items/conversations/triggers missing, etc.)

Last edited:
OP
K

Kyuubify

Screaming Zombie
what if i manual save and play withought cheats?(by manual save i mean save the normal way)

OP
K

Kyuubify

Screaming Zombie
THANK GOD!! i disabled some of the cheats that didnt work anyway and the game is fine! THANKS YOU!!

corythemachine

ok i have a similar problem i am not running cheats and one of two messages keeps coming up one says excactly what his does the other says there was an exception with the graphics process and i tried running with protect memory that work for like 10 minutes so what can i do?
and yes i am a noob at this

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I'm gonna take a blind stab at this and guess that you have an integrated graphics chip instead of an actual video card - which usually causes this kind of an error when using the default graphics plugin.

Garnet

I'm having slightly same kind of problem with OOT than Kyuubify. The game has worked fine until now. I've just entered the Forest Temple, dealt with the flaming skull and when I step into a room where those two enemies are guarding the small key the game crashes. I took a screecap: picture1.
Of course I tried couple of other roms so I don't think the problem lies in the roms. And I'm total newbie in these things so I don't know what I should do with the rom setting. Do you know what I should do?

Keits

visit n64Redux.com!
Hey Garnet, make sure your Rom settings are set like this:
You find rom settings at Options >> Settings

CPU Core style: Recompiler
Self-modifying code Method: Check memory advance
Memory size: 4MB
Advanced Block Linking: default
Default save type: Use first used save type
Counter Factor: 2

And tick Register caching only.

See if this works,