What's new

Majora's Mask question

dragonflame2239

OoT Light Medallion only quest question

Using a guide, I have successfully done all the young Link stuff with the items I need to complete the Light Medallion-only quest (as in, beating the game without beating any dungeons). Now I am at the Temple of Time. My problem now is getting past the Door of Time. I simply cannot perform this trick. Or if you don't or can't watch it, it's described as: "Walk up to the DoT until you can't anymore. Now go left where the gap is. Turn around and back up into the corner. Align the left side of the guard of the Kokiri Sword on the Icon with the seam on the column. Hold Z and press A. While still holding Z, very slowly pull the controller stick diagonally left and down. Make Link sidestep into the gap. Make sure the Action Icon says 'Attack' and not 'Jump'. If it says 'Attack', press A to do a side roll. Immediately after the side roll, pull the controller stick all the way diagonally left and down to do a sidehop. If done correctly, Link should go through the gap and into an abyss. Quickly press the B button to get back to solid ground. You will now be inside the Door of Time. Your TV screen will be entirely white. Sidehop to the left out of it before it spits you into the abyss."

My problem is bolded. In PJ64, you can't "slowly" pull on the analog, then quickly right after on a keyboard. You can do it separately, and by that, I mean you go into the controller settings, and lower the bar where it says "Range". Does this mean I can't do this "quest" thing without the actual game, or at least with a USB controller?

Last edited:

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
Get a better graphics card? That fixed it for me. Also turn off framebuffer effects, though that might defeat the entire purpose of the Lens of Truth.

OP
D

dragonflame2239

It appears going from version 1.5 to 1.6 fixed the problem, but even the Lens of Truth in OoT didn't slow the game for me in version 1.5, so I didn't know why it would in MM.

And I have updated my Graphics Card with the newest driver for it not too long ago.

Toasty

Sony battery
A new thread would have been fine. It was pretty confusing to have answers to a Lens of Truth question following a keyboard question. :rolleyes:

Yes, you'll need a controller with an analog stick if you want to perform that maneuver without tons of cumbersome adjustments in the controller plugin. The keyboard stinks for most N64 games.