Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Great Gunblade Wielder squall_leonhart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Developers wanted for PCSX Revival!

Ok, im looking to organise a revival of PCSX, Code will be stored on a googlecode svn, and im looking for any interested developers, since im more a project manager and code tinkerer, than active developer.

Project Page is at http://code.google.com/p/pcsx-r/

Anyone interested Reply here.

PS, no "Can i beta test" posts here please, releases will likely be made when code is stable and enough noticeable changes have been made to deem it worthwhile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi.

Well, I'd like to join in your group. I'm implementing a Game Boy and a Genesis emulator, but I could start this project too.

Do you have some documentation about pcsx?

Master of the Emulation Flame MasterPhW's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's nice to see the revive of PCSX and wish you the best with the project. Hope you'll find as much developers as the dolphin emu and PCSX2 playground had found.
    I'm more of a silent dev and my code style is utter ugly, so I won't be a big help at all. And I'm more of a contributor and tester than a coder of big projects like this.
    The Future of Emulation: Emulate a High End Computer on a Low End System
    Main: Intel Core i7 (Lynnfiled) 860 (@3.802Ghz) | 8 GB DDR3-1333 | ATI XFX HD 5750 PCI-E | ATI High Definition Audio Device | 256 GB SSD + 3 TB Internal SATA2 + 4 TB external | Windows 7 Professional X64 SP1 MSDNAA
    Netbook: Asus EeePC 1015PEM | Intel Atom Dual Core N550 (1,5GHz) | 2GB DDR3-1066 | Intel GMA 3150 | 250GB HDD | Win 7 Starter
    Old One: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (2x2.5Ghz; S939) | MSI KbT Neo2-F V2.0 | 2x1GB Corsair Value VS1GBKIT400 | Radeon HD 3850 512 MB/AGP8x | Creative SB Audigy LS | 2TB (4x500GB SATA2 HDDs Raid0) | Windows 7 Business X64 SP1 MSDNAA

Master of the Emulation Flame MasterPhW's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry for doubleposting, but it would appear as a new post, when edited:
    New versions of PCSX Rerecording were released lateley, probably you will get them to join the team of the new project.
    The Future of Emulation: Emulate a High End Computer on a Low End System
    Main: Intel Core i7 (Lynnfiled) 860 (@3.802Ghz) | 8 GB DDR3-1333 | ATI XFX HD 5750 PCI-E | ATI High Definition Audio Device | 256 GB SSD + 3 TB Internal SATA2 + 4 TB external | Windows 7 Professional X64 SP1 MSDNAA
    Netbook: Asus EeePC 1015PEM | Intel Atom Dual Core N550 (1,5GHz) | 2GB DDR3-1066 | Intel GMA 3150 | 250GB HDD | Win 7 Starter
    Old One: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (2x2.5Ghz; S939) | MSI KbT Neo2-F V2.0 | 2x1GB Corsair Value VS1GBKIT400 | Radeon HD 3850 512 MB/AGP8x | Creative SB Audigy LS | 2TB (4x500GB SATA2 HDDs Raid0) | Windows 7 Business X64 SP1 MSDNAA

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I forgot about this

I may be able to put some time in this don't know yet, or at least a new port (ARM 8x / EGL2.0 Beagle board)

Well a suggestion is to post change logs.

A few thoughts,
    1. you don't have to use .kapture to record AVI's if you copy the context data emitted by the GPU plgun afterward into a format CODECSs the user has in the machine can use.
    2. The container format can be anything thing you just need to spit the output of the CODEC into a properly formed file.
    3. Sound also needs dumped into a CODEC as well. Same deal only an internal plugin is probably a better option for that.
    4. I'll have to look at the code changes to see what would be needed to do these likely, what is the source version used for this?
    Phw isn't this technically a thread jacking?

Cyb
    Last edited by Cyberman; January 29th, 2009 at 23:29.
    Progress (n.):
    The process through which the Internet has evolved from smart people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of smart terminals.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Recursive (adj):
    see Recursive

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Why does it needs reviving? I thought PCSX was already prefect. I would be interested but I have too slow internet .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Too slow of internet for what? The PCSX source is kind of small so it's not like you would be downloading inordinate resources. The big issue is having the same build system between users.

Additionally there are some things that would be good to add to PCSX unfortunately those things aren't simple to add.

Cyb
    Last edited by Cyberman; February 2nd, 2009 at 03:23.
    Progress (n.):
    The process through which the Internet has evolved from smart people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of smart terminals.
    Recursive (adj):
    see Recursive

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Too slow of internet for what? The PCSX source is kind of small so it's not like you would be downloading inordinate resources. The big issue is having the same build system between users.
    You didn't get it . Oh well, I need to dig out my PSX CDs and try this thing. The last PSX emu I used was Bleem O_O . And I remember it displayed the games better than they did on the real thing (now I can't remember that game, I think it was The Mummy).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I used Bleem when it first came out just to see what it would do. I used it on Chrono Cross I believe. I freaked out a bit because I said "holy frijoles!" when I saw CC in my old 300mhz P2 machine.

PCSX is actually fairly good you can run most of the PSX games with it.

I was researching modifications to the GTE engine it had in combination with a modified GPU plugin.

Cyb
    Progress (n.):
    Recursive (adj):
    see Recursive

The Great Gunblade Wielder squall_leonhart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Cyberman, thats what the SVN is for, lol. keeping the source updated between the devs.

the 1.6 source needs some work though, sure, it compiles, but it barely works.

There are fixes in the PCSX2 source which might be backported to pcsx as well.
    Last edited by squall_leonhart; February 5th, 2009 at 11:28.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast