What's new

pokemon stadium 2 saving

likeurfather

i downloaded project 64 v1.6 and i switched to "N-Rage's Direct Input8 V2 1.80a" controller plugin. then i made mempak directory. i created a mempak then and clicked on format mempak. then i saved. started up pokemon stadium 2. then went to "my room" and it says pokemon game pak is not attached. No game pak can be selected. how do i get this to work?

OP
L

likeurfather

well i looked through the pj64 manual and the game-faq. also i looked at "n_rage_docs.chm" i downloaded nrage v2.1 and got it working. according to the manual ive done it right... and ive looked for threads on this website but nothing has helped.

OP
L

likeurfather

is this forum not for these kind of questions? or do u mean that there is no way to fix it? i just thought that there might be some setting that i changed that would make it not work.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Go and read the Pokemon stadium 2 manual, if you don't own the game, its available online somewhere,

try reading a gamefaq as well.

the only logical answer i can give you is YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

OP
L

likeurfather

well thanks for the help anyway. i even returned the settings to default and it wont work so i give up. couldnt find any manual for pokemon stadium 2. only manuals telling u hints and tips...

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
>.>
For starters, THIS GAME DOESN'T USE A MEMPAK!
Any mention of paks in this game are in reference to the Transfer Pak.

Game data, and pokemon are stored in the cartridges battery ram.

Infact you would've worked all this out reading the games wiki page.

OP
L

likeurfather

but i swear i saw a few ppl talking about mempaks used with pokemon stadium 2. anyway i got it working. thanks for the help. sorry for my stupidity

Last edited:

X-Fi6

The mempaks are used to play Gameboy Pokemon games on Pokemon Stadium. They are not used at ALL to save the game. At ALL. Except for when playing the Gameboy games.