What's new

Item fuckup (Oot) I hate you, deku sticks

Pekey

So I needed a deku stick to set fire to something, but had none, so i decided to use the infinte deku sticks cheat. "Just this once, then I can turn it off again" I thought, and i did.

But now my deku sticks count is always at 0, every time i pick up a deku stick, all my deku sticks vanishes! it says I have 0!

This also happens to deku nuts and a good deal of my items.

Damnit, I don't want to restart, I was almost at the forest temple :angry:

twiztidgamer

I dont think anyone is gonna be able to do anything about that, your probably gonna have to start over, maybe next time u can just collect the deku sticks?.... i mean they are everywhere. probably one of the easiest things to collect in that game next to rupees is the deku sticks

LOL.... i guess thats what happens when you cheat on the easiest part of the game ..LOL

X-Fi6

The only way this should affect anything is if instead of unchecking the cheat (to disable it), you must have manually edited the cheat and set the value to 0000.

Turn off the cheat by unchecking it, and then save the game (don't just use a savestate. Actually press Start, and then press B, and then press A). Then close Project64, wait a couple seconds, and start Project64 back up again. Then open the ROM, and don't be tempted to press F7. Actually press Start (twice, after the Nintendo 64 screen) and choose your name slot and start the game for real.

If deku sticks still don't work for you, all I can say is, "lol".

gowingsgo8803

Only at the Forest Temple? Just re-start, it'll take you 2 seconds to get back to where you are now. Unless you're like me and like exploring everywhere, then it takes you an hour and a half to find the Kokiri sword and shield :p

Anyways, you're out of Deku sticks? How? They're all over the place. I second twiztidgamer, how did you run out? Even with Deku nuts, I always find myself getting them at the most inopportune times, like when I need 50 rupees and can only manage to find those damn sticks and nuts. And I can never run out of them, a) because they're impossible to fully use, and b) because they're so common that you get them by accident.

If you don't want to restart, why don't you just keep the Deku sticks cheat on? It's not like you're really going to need them all that much later on. I beat the game a few times, and I don't think I've used all 10 to finish it. You'll get fire arrows eventually, and even when you get teen/adult link, you don't even use them.

Oh yeah, this post contains spoiler warnings.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Wait here just a minute... deku sticks are used... by kids (as in not adults!)... aren't they?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Not sticks.

That's what I thought.
So is it not safe to say then, that the OP is actually not at the Forest Temple (not reached it yet) or have long since cleared it (not to spoil anything else)?
Sometimes, you need to use your head a little :D