What's new

Mario can't run, he walks instead! WHY?!

bakwoods

Okay boys and girls, I need help! Majorly! I downloaded first Mupen64Plus on my old XP system, didn't work, then got Vista, now I got the right graphics to work and the ROM will work...now that I tried to get Mario 64 to run I can get it to work, but Mario himself doesn't run, he walks! WTF!

Okay so I figured there was something wrong with Mupen so I moved to PJ64 hoping for better results. Nothing. Same problem. I calibrated the controls through the settings in PJ64 and then calibrated the controller through Vista's control panel. Nothing. I've got all the buttons functioning, but for some reason the stupid thing doesn't do anything. Like the joystick is fully forward but mario walks instead of running, but all other motions are normal. Isn't that weird? I swapped the controllers too to see if it was a bad joystick and still nothing.

Also for those of you wondering I'm using a Sumoto USB Converter box to plug into. If that helps. I tried the other emulator forum but I got no feedback on the problem and so far no one on has heard of such a problem. Google is no help either, no one reports the problem. So basically I'm SOL and totally new to this whole emulator thing so please don't start throwing codes at me and stuff without explaining it to me...completely.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Calibrate your controllers from the windows control panel. Everything will be fine after that.

OP
B

bakwoods

Tried it, still doesn't work. I'm going to see if I can take apart the controller and then wire it directly to a custom USB and see if that works. I can't guarantee any DIYs.

mrkitty88

mrkitty88
Me too

I am having the same problem with my Sumoto adapter and N64 controller. Please let me know if you find a solution.

m1t0s1s

Also for those of you wondering I'm using a Sumoto USB Converter box to plug into. If that helps. I tried the other emulator forum but I got no feedback on the problem and so far no one on has heard of such a problem. Google is no help either, no one reports the problem. So basically I'm SOL and totally new to this whole emulator thing so please don't start throwing codes at me and stuff without explaining it to me...completely.

Are those sumoto adapters any good? There's problems with them under vista, but are they working under XP? One user there posted the info, I hope it helps everyone:

Use nrage v2, and disable the use real n64 range checkbox.

Is there any way to get the n64 controller working with an authentic feeling other than the adaptoid? I'm getting tired of playing smash bros with my keyboard, the characters are always running, and to do a smash I have to tap direction and then tap attack. But blame IBM for making keyboards work in a serial button-a-time fashion.

Did everyone having problems follow the manual, if any came with it?

Last edited: