What's new

500 cheat limit per game

undertaker 666

Angelus The Reaper
hey i just wanted to know if there's a way to remove the limit for number of cheats per game. cuz 500 isn't enough sometimes.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Nope unfortunately that is the max limit. The only thing to do is prioritise what cheats you use/want the most and remove any unwanted really.

Love the Muppet Angel Sig btw lol I loved that episode

OP
undertaker 666

undertaker 666

Angelus The Reaper
yeah it was a great episode, well selecting which cheats to leave doesn't help because there's a new feature that was discovered for no mercy that includes tons of cheats to allow you to have more wrestler slots.

so you say it isn't possible to remove that limit, how about the limit for number of lines per cheat?

btw i love the Raziel avatar. great series.

Last edited:

Gent

Administrator
nope again that is a 100 Codes per line limit and was arrived at like the 500 per game because of the effect it has on the file in volume as of course the drag it has on overall game play whilst emulating.

OP
undertaker 666

undertaker 666

Angelus The Reaper
well what i noticed was that if you delete every other game on the cheat file, and the added spaces that show up every time at the end of the file after you add a cheat, the cheat file loads faster than ever.

so with that being said, even if you do that the limit would have to remain 100 lines to 500 cheats?

Gent

Administrator
yup thats correct:

100 codes per line max
500 Cheat entries per region/version game max

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
well consider it like this.

Atleast some dumbshit can't add 20mbs of cheats for one game to the Cheat database, like some dumbass did for the PEC database.

OP
undertaker 666

undertaker 666

Angelus The Reaper
well we don't really deal with any other games except no mercy so if that 20mb was used for improving the game i'd have to say it would be a great thing.

OP
undertaker 666

undertaker 666

Angelus The Reaper
well if you're loading about 250 mb of textures like i do with every time pj64 starts a few seconds more don't hurt. and btw, i'm not talking about a global thing, just something someone can do for himself.