Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Project 64 Coming Back to life

Category: Nintendo 64

The best N64 Emulator for Windows may finally be coming back to life:

The project has been on hiatus for a little bit, well probably about a year! With the payments, I have found another company to try. I have re-enabled the donation page to see how they work out. The account creation process is not automatic so I will have to create the accounts by hand. I still have a busy life, things have not slowed down. My wife is now currently 8 months pregnant. If this payment method works, then I will over the next few months look at doing some work on improving the site. Then I will get back to the actual coding of the emu, where I am sure everyone of you would like me to be.

http://www.pj64-emu.com/blog/2008/7/689-project-update.html#jc_allComments

Webmaster of DCEmu - The Homebrew and Gaming Network

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Lame meta refresh (ie: not a real hack)
    Last edited by Lord Of Poison; July 28th, 2008 at 10:28.

The Great Gunblade Wielder squall_leonhart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    yep, already got word, and am prepping to file some bug reports for 1.7.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm going to be rather blunt here by saying that he's pretty much saying that he'll only work on it if he's getting a load of other peoples money to do so.. Which shows he's yet another person in the world who only cares about lining their own pockets.

????????????????????????? Doomulation's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No, he is not.
    If you look at the quote carefully, he simply enabled donations again to people who wants to donate.
    He's going to work on Pj64 regardless if people donate or not.

Donations are a means for people to say they really like Pj64 and thus by showing they support/loyalty, they are in return given something back - a look into pj's dev process and betas.

Besides, what zilmar & jabo gets is very, very little. It's not like they're earning very much by the donations.
    Atashi wa juu-yon-sai no onna no ko! Atashi no namae wa Miizuki. Yurushiku ne!
    Nani? Atashi o shinjirimasen desu ka? Baka!
    "You're all doomed! Doomed, I say! Hehe... are we approaching the end of the world?"

shikata ga kaite aru - "the instructions are written above"
    Need to download GoodN64 or instructions to use it? Need to check if it's a good or bad rom?
    Download: Glide64 | Hacktarux's wrapper

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I cant help but think you could not be further from the truth there Noobnugget. I have used PJ64 for many many years for free, they even went open source for a bit. Can you be any less about the money if you are doing this? But even if you were correct I would have absolutely no problem in it. You have to live in the real world, you cant just do everything for nothing. A fair price for a fair job. I would rather they were working on it than not at all. I offered way over the $20 they asked for but they only wanted the $20, I still gave a bit more as I value there work.